hi

hi

Monday, September 1, 2008

everyone and my hairdresser knows for sure

I went to Bishop's to redeem the free haircut card that Cecine was kind enough to give me. It was pretty vacant when I got there; only one man was getting a cut and there were four people on duty. I looked through some magazines but I couldn't decide on how to explain what I wanted. A pretty punk lady was going to cut my hair but this other woman, Amberleigh, took over instead. Which was for the better as she had more of a style for what I was looking for versus the huge Mohawk punk (who was probably a good hairdresser as well). We talked about what I sort of wanted and what I preferred and how I was about my hair and she listened. And she cut my hair superbly. I love the new style. It is airy and flowy and easy. She cut out most of the volume that was going on at the bottom and layered it. The front is still long enough to tuck behind my ears (which is good for me). I was amazed how she listened and understood how to give me just what I wanted but couldn't express accurately. No wonder she has been on a haircutting reality show! She also told me about some way cool shampoo that doubles as a styling product. I think I'll get it when I run out of shampoo. I tipped her well but that doesn't count. I still haven't actually paid for a hair cut in well over a year. And the place, Bishop's, I think I'll return because it would have just cost me $25 for the cut which is a lovely price for such a good job. I think I may have found my Portland hairdresser. When I got back, I spent time prancing about and making noises like the wind was flowing through my hair.

Rainy rainy day. My seat got a little wet. the sky was a beautiful purple than a dark velvet blue.

Karen, Diana, Robin and I took a brief excursion to Powell's. I was mostly just there for company (and left my wallet at home to insure this). Diana is looking for a dress but she shot down my idea, which I still think was a good idea. Karen splurged on the Shepard Fairy "Make Art Not War" poster. It wasn't a big or bag splurge as it is a great poster.

I watched Lars and the Real Girl. It really touched me. I thought it would move slowly but it had a good pace. I'm not sure if I would have liked a little more explanation about the characters but as is, it was ok. I would have liked to have seen more of the things that happened after the ending but my imagination can fill in the blanks. Ryan Gosling is an amazing actor. He will still be getting great roles decades from now.

Tomorrow is my last day of summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute haircut. I like the color, too. Good look for you. luv, mum