hi

hi

Saturday, July 19, 2008

smells like glue

The apartment smells of Modge Podge. The Internet was down so I started working on this project I have been delaying for a few months now. I using my old art show cards and decoupaging them onto this old chest of drawers that we found in the free zone. I hope to have it fully covered. I will run out of cards probably with just one side complete but that's okay. Plenty more shows to go and see. I'm liking how it is turning out. Can't wait to work on it some more.

I am still thinking about Dark Knight. It really left me in a daze. All the marketing and tragedy surrounding it, what an epic feeling.

I watched two movies today, both were very grim and wrongly funny. I enjoyed both more than I thought I did. The first was Teeth, a movie about uhm...teeth. If you know the movie I am talking about, yeah. I thought it was paced well and the lead actress was brilliant. Good casting. Some really unfortunate ends. The second movie was Man Bites Dog. A fake documentary. I loved a lot of the technical aspects of it, such as the numerous long takes in which everyone remained flawlessly in character. It was also black and white and didn't look like it was filmed in color and redone in black and white. I am a little disturbed that I enjoyed it so much.

On Monday I am going in to the school to talk to some people and return some stuff. Monday is my official school visit day. Return DVD's and check out some more for the next week. Say hello to people.

Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog finished up today. It is a three part mini series. I think it is brilliant and lovely and for everybody (not like the movies I watched as well today). It is an experiment in low budget production. I read that it was a response to the writer's strike but I can't confirm that. I think more video things need to be done of this nature (online, any time available, with notable people working). I think the videos are going to be off the web soon so if you are interested in a Superhero/Musical/Vlog/Short Series click HERE. And if they are gone by the time you get to this well...if you get me the DVD(which will surely exist soon)for Christmas I will lend it to you.

No comments: