hi

hi

Friday, July 18, 2008

FREAKING OUT HERE

(it is 3am and I am overly excited)

Okay. I just got back from Dark Knight. Holy cow. HOLY FREAKING COW SLOWLY COOKED AND SERVED ON FINE CHINA!! I need to digest this. Oh wow. Amazing. And the final bit with Joker? Beautiful. I could not register Heath Ledger through the performance. Perfect. Dang. I need to digest this.

Slept in. Worked out really hard. 18 minutes on the first run with absolutely no pause.

When I got back from it and went on the Internet I found the TV and Film forum I visit in eruption over the WATCHMEN TRAILER. It is beautiful. It, it will be the best possible adaptation I am sure. Karen was over when I first saw it. I was shrieking like a parakeet. I could not believe it. And they showed the trailer with Dark Knight. IT IS HUGE AND BEAUTIFUL.

Karen and I went over to Chelsey's to look at her new place. She has a fabulously sized studio with a separate kitchen area. She can paint it. It has tons of storage. We helped her decide on arranging things such as beds and whatnot. It will be great. Holly is looking cute. I will be looking after her for a couple weeks.

Kristen came over and we went to look at her place, just a couple blocks away (they are in the 19th & Irving area). Hers has an amazing amount of space. Walk through closet, kitchen and breakfast nook separate from the main room. Really cool. The studio I looked at was actually tiny and ridiculous. These girls have luck.

We went to Trader Joe's and because we had perishables and Karen had to go to work, we parted ways. I spent the rest of the day all jittery waiting for 10:45 to roll around. Lindsay and I watched another episode of Flight of the Concords. TRIED to watch some more Dr. Horrible but it didn't flow right. THEN IT WAS TIME TO GOOOOO!!!

Got clean pants on, brushed my hair, grabbed my ticket, and I was out of there!

Andy, this lovely lady whose name I am kicking myself for forgetting, Matt, and Craig had pretty good spots in line. Not really crowded (I suspect most of the main lines were at Pioneer Place) but still worth showing up early for. There was talk of the Watchmen trailer(Andy saved his Watchmen Trailer virginity for the big screen). But ohhh we just could not WAIT. One of the new MFA's, Sidney, was there as well. She is really nice. We got seats near the back. Behind us were some teens and one kid who looked 10. We were sort of going "crap" but once the show started they behaved.

Daniel, his girl, and their friend arrived a little late and had to be in the second row. I went up and talked to them. They said someone put a pig's head in the studio fridge. Glad I didn't have to clean that up. Blimey.

There was a brief little contest or whatever for the people. Nothing big.

The audience was perfect. Dead quiet when it was serious, applause when necessary, cheers, gasps, oh everything. It was BRILLIANT. Now I am going to sleep.

No comments: