hi

hi

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I've got the sniffles

Another rather boring critique day in Experiments in Drawing. Modou is so determined to critique all that we do. I prefer the, "if you want credit and your piece critiqued, bring it to CLASS" line of thought. Not the, "we shall use up class time and look at everybodys work" reasoning. We spend the class critiquing a few new work (rave reviews on Karen's work) and half re-critiqued work that has been worked on since the class critique (the kitten and puppy thing has been played out now). We got out early so I thought I would go to Powell's and see if I spy and deals on paperbacks.

And I did! I got Ryu Murakami's Almost Transparent Blue. I now have all of his work in English, my numero uno favorite writer! They had a whole pile of the books and were all on cheap cheap sale. Sweet deal.

Worked on Karen's portrait a little. Ate some udon. Took it easy. Petted Ibanez.

Finished the portrait of her in class. Probably my quickest portrait to date. The red of the background is so vivid. Rather stunned at how much I grew between the three portraits. Now I just need to make them presentable.

I had a lot of ice cream today. Had a cone during my painting break. I hung out with Jen tonight (she has a nice room, lots of cool stuff) and we polished off 3/4 of my AmeriCone Dream pint. She gave me some Korean treats. Awesome person that Jen.

Tomorrow I will be printing. Don't know what kind of printing but I will be printing.

All that is left is printing and the comic (and the Art History paper). Week and a half left. Woah.

No comments: