hi

hi

Thursday, May 8, 2008

crispy and treaty

Made two batches of rice crispy treats today. Maybe I should have saved the second batch. Uhh. I'll bring them to class tomorrow. Maybe. They go stale quick I think? Or not? Ehh, I dunno.

I don't even want to get into the Experiments in Drawing critique. It was way too early for shemales.

Harrell Fletcher came in and talked to the class about his work. He does a lot of work with getting other people's artwork out there over his own. A lot of collaboration stuff. He does Learning to Love You More with Miranda July. He brought in his kid to class and she was cute stuff. It was great.

I stopped by art media and got and had cut my backing board and spray. It took less than 10 minutes to spray and affix my pieces when I got home. They look really nice. I think I will do more of the spray+foam core presentation in the future. Simple, cheap, it doesn't transport well but it looks nice.

I went to Safeway and got rice crispy treat making supplies. I only had time to make and cut one batch. I tossed them out before my critique. Literally. I stood in front of the room and tossed them to whoever held their hand up. While my audience was eating, I put up my pieces. The Karen one is simply FANTASTIC. I am so pleased with myself. It and Robin are so colorful. I wish I had taken photo references of Llyw because his was worked on from memory and isn't as vivid as the other two. But go me! I grew so much in just three paintings.

Not many people went today so we got out a little early. Maddison did a painting of Inferno, James painted Castles, Daniel did a cool letter and a lady piece, Kenneth did an amazing and challenging pixelation self portrait, Mallory did portraits of peoples expressions, Robyn has fluffy stuffed animal portraits, and Lacey made a friggin' book with beautiful character illustrations. It was a nice critique. None of the over analytical crap I am sick of in Experiments in Drawing. Sometimes a puppy is despair, SOMETIMES A PUPPY IS A PUPPY. One week...one week.

Got home. Made some change. Did some laundry. I thought Keesee and Gavin were hanging out so I made some rice crispy treats but they left. Affixed a couple more paintings to the left over board. Made myself a double poached egg and cheese sandwich. I got my art history painting turned in with the very short artist's statement.

Tomorrow I will be going back to the grind of comic making. I had a nice break but now I have a week to do five pages, scan them, and make some print out of the comic (maybe, not really required).

No comments: