hi

hi

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

wake, move, clean, sleep



I'm back in Portland, safe and sound. Lindsay was home when I got in and she gave me a full report on some of the stuff I had left behind. I was planning to clean up anyway; she just gave me the nudge. She also cleaned up the rest of the place while I was gone so my room looked even more terrible compared. But now it is all nice and neat! And should stay that way until we both start the new semester. Lindsay is in my Experiments in Drawing class so that will be fun. Need to go shopping for food tomorrow. We are very low on the good stuff. I have plenty of the sweet stuff (four bars of chocolate from Christmas) just need the healthy stuff.

Woke up this morning to more snow. It was mushy so getting out wasn't a problem. The roads improved eventually and Dad and I arrived in Tacoma with an hour to spare. As it turned out my train was delayed so what was one hour ended up being two. We saw Nathan and delivered him his tables and we grabbed some quick fast food eats. I wasn't feeling too well but that was probably the lack of sleep.

The train ride was...interesting. They played Across the Universe but I didn't have headphones so I couldn't hear the songs (which are the focal point of the movie). A woman also was writhing, talking and moaning to herself. She didn't seem to be in immediate peril so much as just having a few screws loose (and those screws had supported a whole load of scaffolding).

Arrived fine; my box lugged well enough to the cab waiting spot. Took a while for enough cabs to show up for everyone but one eventually did for me. The driver was very nice and helpful. Not the worst way to travel though I do prefer it when Michael gives me a lift.

The rest of the day was spent unpacking, cleaning, more unpacking, and catching up. I'm glad to be back here. Rain > snow.

No comments: