hi

hi

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

upward facing trillian

Wow I'm tired, don't know why I am still up. Oh yeah, to blog.

Pretty good day, well except for one sad moment but it makes sense so I guess it isn't so sad just unfortunate? Ehh maybe not unfortunate. Anywhoo. What/who I am talking about is Megan; a lovely lady in all of my Monday/Wednesday classes has decided to withdraw from school. She is sticking in her printmaking class but she came to the revelation that school isn't for her and she would rather volunteer and get hands on experience than be here. Shes very self manageable so I have all faith in her that she can do it without PNCA. She has been lovely and kind and I will miss her, hope we stay in touch. She will still come for Time Arts as we are working on a project together and didn't want to ditch us. See, what a great person.

When people leave, I consider my own reasons for staying. Foundation year sometimes for me is really rudimentary and I have the "I know this, I don't want to do this" thoughts. I stick it out and go because I know that in the little ways these exercises and assignments are all the little bits I need to make my official work brilliant. I have faith that this work is fully helpful to me. Also, I don't have a solid direction so I hope being here will help in my full realization of where I want to go. I need training and discipline. Some people, like Megan, are fully capable and can do this thing on their own. I'm not so capable. Not that I am wholly incapable, but just in the fact I need this setting to help me prepare for what comes next.

I left early to pick up some more photo paper. I have more than I need now. I forgot a spare shirt so I was sweaty and unpleasant when I got to school.

I set up the darkroom today, other people were there but I think they had the mindset of "someone else will do it". Namely me. It isn't that it is hard (mix solutions, turn on safety light, turn on water, adjust water temp, wait for safety light to warm up, wipe down edge, shut door and turn off main light if safety light is warmed up) but they are just unwilling. Really, some things only get down because a person steps up and says "someone has to do this now and I will be that someone". The teacher gave us a really long lecture on how to make nice mats for our photos for extra credit. I didn't get my final print, but I'm close. Need to tweak it.

Lunch was Quiznos. The little munchy breakfast bar would not have been enough. Beef dip sandwich, mmmm!! Sat with Jim at what always astonishes me to be the long, largest table of people at lunch. Me, sitting with the crowd? What? Also sat and chatted with Michael who reminded me of the open figure drawing tonight (free for students).

It was sunny in the morning, but looking gray at lunch so I put my plastic bag over the seat.

Time Arts, not much got done. It was a lot of explanation of sound effects and Garage Band and also a tour of the sound room. We had our narration recorded and it should be easy going from there. Just have to time the clips to the audio and add in some background noise.

After that I went to the 3D building and saw a sign indicating me to go to room 110 for the free Yoga class instead. The instructor, Melanie, was one of the most beautiful people I have ever seen. Her dreads were epic and nicely balanced with cute baby bangs and soft curls framing her face. Her septum was pierced but in a way that was aesthetically pleasing and not rebellion based. Yoga was tough, lots of bending in ways I can't really bend. In one class I was able to touch my toes and that was fantastic.

Yoga, for me, is about getting the other part of exercise and athletics filled out. Biking is mostly cardio and leg strength, but it is just that. I get real sweaty and it gets me pumped for the day but it won't come close to working my whole body out. Yoga should provide some toning, flexibility and much needed balance. It won't be too hard to stay with it, sept next Wednesday is Halloween so I'll be missing Yoga then.

After that I dropped off all my stuff in my locker and grabbed my sketchbook and Stingray lunchbox and palette and went upstairs to open life drawing. I only stuck around for two poses as it is very cold to bike home and the longer I stayed the colder it would be (Michael offered me a lift but he has a small car and I don't think my bike would fit). I did something on my big sheet of paper but my two sketchbook pieces are the ones I really love. My Stingray box is my in-class ink box and it works perfectly. I did the first one with black ink and the second with blue and was amazed at how the blue turned out and managed. I think I'll break out the TRUE ink box and use all the colors of the rainbow. My sketchbook also has been a bit light lately so it really needed some artistic padding.

Biked home, it wasn't that chilly and my seat was perfectly dry after the late afternoon rain. Had some delicious macaroni and cheese and now I am ready to beddie bye.

No comments: