hi

hi

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

real life, in 3-D!


Whoo saw Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D tonight! Yeaah, it was awesome. I was too young to see it in theatres so it was a double treat. The 3-D really made the animation pop. It has been a while since I have seen it, sucha beautiful treat to watch every time. Except for that time when I was a kid and mum got rid of VHS because she thought it was too creepy for us at the time. Which yeah, it sort of was. The songs are so amazing, the design, the color, the..everything! When Burton is smart he is a GENIUS.

Before the movie a theatre guy invited us (Brandon, Lindsay, Sean and I) to a secret sneak preview for an animated movie due to release in 2008. They didn't tell us what it is but I think we will still go and see it even if it turns out to be another piece of tripe like standard kids movies are these days. Well, I have a hope for what it might be.

Digital Tools was spent entirely in critique again. At least we all got fare time. Gordon really was nice about how I sort of missed the mark on the assignment. He really seemed like he didn't want to tell me I had done bad, just that I was off. It was really sweet. I was kind of wondering in my head, "does he think he is being mean? That is sooo cute!" I've had bad critiques. I respect Gordon so I respect his opinion.

We moved into ink and washs in drawing. Lots of fun! Had to buy a bamboo pen and rip a stick out of a poor tree. My final drawing, I think, turned out really well. Nice and loose but I still got all the areas I wanted.

I rode home during lunch to get my newsprint pad, some ink, and a palette. Ibanez and I had a power cuddle.

Another brilliant and beautiful day. Way way over dressed, but if I under dressed it would be cold and rainy so better safe than sick with a cold.

I love having no homework. Slack slack slack.

No comments: