hi

hi

Friday, October 26, 2007

Macho Adventures: Battlerama

Had such a good night sleep. Sooo goood. The neighbors alarm clock woke me up but it didn't wake him up for about a minute after going off. Ibanez cuddled with me all night long, he likes to lay under the bed sheets. What a sweety. He darted out of bed when Lindsay stopped by.

Yesterday was busy busy. Ish.

Made a color wheel in digital tools. It looks pretty good I guess, but the green looks sort of iffy. Oh well. Also doodled a color wheel on a certain someones Facebook during break. Probably will have to paint one in 2D design in a few.

In drawing, our model was Scott. He's the only male model I have ever worked with, I could paint him naked with my eyes closed. Left my sculpture of him at home with mum and dad and nate, he has a little spangle to cover up his shame.

Mollie revealed that she isn't planning on staying at PNCA past Foundation/Freshman year. Really big bummer.

Spent the last part of Drawing working on a single drawing. I'm not too fond of it as the head is way too small and its wonky in a few bits. But I can't say that in critique because people will always say the contrary. Scott is a good model, he needs to stretch half way through but he always returns exactly to where he was.

Female models always change behind the screen and never look at the drawings. Scott takes it off in front of us (in like 30 seconds, you blink and his clothes are off) and looks at the drawings (clothed) afterwards. I wonder why that is?

During the student council an MFA guy came in and said they had open seats for a trip to Seattle they were taking in a few weeks. Mollie wants to go so I might join her. I hope we won't go to the sculpture park. That sucks. It is a bunch of "do not touch" rich people's sculptures. Our student council made fun of their student council a little bit. Maybe that is why they don't want to join in our reihndeer games?

Rode home after drawing and did my laundry. Then at 6:00 I rode back to PNCA for the Comic Club, I arrived a little late but I brought cookies so all was good. We talked about how to do our Zine, what to name it and what to do. It all came down to drawing words out of a hat. Four our Zine we will be doing short two page comics about three things we drew out of a hat; two nouns and a situation. My short comic will be about an Arabian Dancing Girl with rubber cement is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Jim's is a repair man and God are trapped in an attic with a Wolverine. The attic with the Wolverine was my submission to the hat. Sean has my penguins with machete submission.

Then we tossed random words into a hat to come up with our zine title. We went from Shakespearian Macho Adventures Battlerama down to just Macho Adventures: Battlerama. MAB for short.

After that, Sean and I went to Powell's to kill time and hang out. Read some Darwin Awards and Post Secret then I rode my bike home and dropped it off and headed out again to meet Sean at the Broadway Metroplex to see 30 Days Of Night. Ran into Mike on the way there and he joined me in my walking. We got to the theatre and found out the late showing is only Friday, Saturday. Bugger! So we went to Panucci's and had some bread and I played Mike and Chess. His king took my king.

Lounged about on the internet and then snuggled into bed with Ibanez and slept oh so well.

No comments: