hi

hi

Friday, September 14, 2012

get up, stand up

Just spent the night chatting with Ryan and Cassidy at The Poet, after seeing a chunk of standup at The Blue Lagoon. Lookit me, knowing people and going to places! Anyway, at The Blue Lagoon, every Thursday is stand up night, so that is pretty neat. Ryan, one of those online fellows, said that his friend was performing and invited me along, and since I had nothing else going on tonight I went. I sketched most of the performers and took note of a few of the jokes that I liked. Some of the stand up people were pretty dead in the water, but some were awesome. Cassidy, Ryan's friend, was really good. Afterwards, we three went to The Poet and I had a "Black Adder" which is Guiness and cider. Pretty good little drink. I managed to get some laughs, we talked about Doctor Who and other nerd stuff. I sketched a bit more. I made a really good drawing of Ryan that looks a lot like him, too bad I can't scan it. All in all, a really awesome night. Since the stand up is free, I'll probably go next week as well, and invite Daniel along. Tomorrow is Inglorious Basterds at the Del Mar! WHeeee!!!

At work we finished the jobs on the table, and I broke down the press. So a day spent half catching, half cleaning and reclaiming. It was a nice, warm day. I discovered some sugar at work, so my tea was much nicer. At least I hope that was sugar. And I hope it was fit for consumption...well, I'm not dead right now so I assume it was and is. I take a lot of minor unnecessary risks.

I wish I had a kitten. I wish I wasn't mildly allergic to cats. I just want something to cuddle right now.

But hey, I'm making friends! Awesome!

No comments: