hi

hi

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

at the 'mat


Check that out! About four-five hours worth of work? Lining things always takes longer than I think it does, but that just means that I find it to be a fun activity. Watched Game of Thrones, The Borgias, Star Trek, and listened to some Unbelievable Truth while working on it. I mean...I don't really WATCH watch them, just noise while I work. This is what I like. What I like so much. Just working, having it go relatively well, and having something cool on in the background. Good life.

In the afternoon, I drove down to the laundromat to do my laundry. First I stopped by Safeway because I needed cash for the quarter machine. The car sounds the same and drives the same, it just has those darn warning lights. Boo on those.

Anyway, laundry at the laundromat was an experience (I say experience because this is my first time at a laundromat, every place I've lived in has had laundry on site, either in my parent's house's laundry room, or within the complex I live in). The nice owner helped me get my cash in the machine (it was having issues, even though my fiver was really flat). I talked to Madeline on the phone during the wash cycle, and read City of Thieves during the drying cycle. I made the mistake of putting all my laundry into one dryer, which took a while, when I should have broken it up into two dryers. Ah, oh well. This lady used disinfectant wipes on all the surfaces before she put her clothes down. I thought that was a bit overly hypochondriac. The laundromat looked positively spotless. I folded my laundry, and drove back.

I whipped out the pencils and pens and got to work. They want this design pretty soon. Who am I to deny Odd Owl? Oh right, they are paying clients. They have the moneys, I do the work. And it is good work.

Laundry & Art. Pretty good Monday.

No comments: