hi

hi

Saturday, February 4, 2012

nuns!

Had some doughnuts and tea for breakfast. Yum. Good ol' Madeline's house. She, Jackson, and I watched the first episode of the Granada production of Sherlock Holmes. The series. Yeah. Madeline totally dug David Burke as Watson, but who wouldn't? He is fantastic!

At 11:20ish, I bid the Conn housefold adieu. It was a lovely visit with them. I drove down to 14th and Stark and found parking on Alder, and met Heather and Daniel at the very Portland named food place: Meat Cheese Bread. Or was that Meat Bread Cheese? Anyway. I ordered the steak and egg sandwich, with a Coke. I managed to eat most of it. Daniel presented me with TWO lovely drawings of Martin Freeman, and Heather gave me a lovely owl charm that I can't wait to turn into a necklace. Ahh such lovely people. At 1pm I hugged them and then hopped in my car, told the GPS to go to Seabeck, and then off I went.

It was hardly any effort at all to get onto I5. I was right near Morrison, and that practically turned into I5 and then I was zooming my way up north. Filled up just past Vancouver. Twenty bucks got my tank near to full, which was awesome. Love driving a Prius. 40+ miles per galllllooooon! Makes popping down to Portland affordable.

Got home ten after four. Just over three hours from Portland to Seabeck. That is rad. Closer than it seems.

Stretched. Unpacked from the car. Hugged Holly. Talked to mom.

At a bit after five, we hopped in the new Prius and headed to Port Orchard. We met Auntie Brynne and Dan at the Bay Street Bistro (or something to that title). Later on, two of their friends joined us. The appetizers were yummy. I drank plenty of wine. We had our meals boxed because we ran out of time to eat, and had to get to a play. Still, the food we had was yummy. And the wine was very good. Mmmm.

The play was Nunsense at that little Port Orchard theater that I saw Guys and Dolls at. And it was HILARIOUS. So well performed. So well hung. Just utterly delightful.

At home, ma and I watched Portlandia and Parks and Recreation. Then it was beddy by time. We might go to Pulali for next night.

Lovely wonderful minibreak. I had much fun and loved hanging with my pals.

No comments: