hi

hi

Friday, July 8, 2011

saying farewell to a super woman

July 7th:

Another Pulali day! All though just one night and two days. Originally I was going to be here on my own, but the plans changed and mom and dad tagged along. But their tagging along meant that they had to over pack. Lotsa food and all that jazz. So we didn’t leave till 4:40ish. In the meanwhile I drew some portraits and helped dad get one of the boats off the boat trailer. It was a rainy icky day. Yesterday was so hot.

The ride over was decent enough. I spent the rest of the afternoon with my cousin Averie, who is leaving for Cape Verde by way of the Peace Corps in a few weeks. She is a super woman. Making me have thoughts about trying to sign up. We visited with Kirie and Mark for a while as well. And then the dinner hour rolled around and I headed back to the Pulali house for chicken and corn. Ma and pa are watching a movie I have no interest in, so I’m on my computer and going to watch something or other.

Today’s Portrait Is: Olivia Wilde

July 8th:

The day started out quite bright and warm. Ma made French toast for breakfast and we enjoyed it out doors. After that, Dad got the raft on the boat trailer and we three went down to the boat launch to launch it. Mom and I were the boat towers. We were in the little dingy with the outboard motor and towed the Pulali raft behind it, going very verrrry slow. If it went too fast, the vibration from the motor rattled us.

We snacked a bit. I had some soup at Celia's and then all of us (Ma, Pa, Celia, Averie, and I) settled in for some beach relaxing. We caught a marginal amount of sun, and then it went cloudy. And then it went windy. Totally not good swimming weather. Dad swam, the loony that he is. I changed back into clothes.

It was then that I gave my final hugs to Averie, who has joined the Peace Corps and is off to Cape Verde for 27 months! Super woman, that one is.

After that, we packed up our stuff from the night stay and headed off to Mats Mats. We got some gas and some food at QFC and then it was dinner with the grandparents! It was a belated birthday for Eleanor. The steak was delicious and Holly was really well behaved. The cake that followed was very rich. At around 8ish, we headed back to Seabeck. It was a quick unpacking. The weekend is upon us now. I don't know what exactly we have planned.

Today's Portrait is: Joel McHale.

No comments: