hi

hi

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

edit that bit out

Ohh what did I do today?

Oh right! I realized that if I hit my snooze button twice it will set the snooze for an hour, not just 9 minutes. Oops. I'm really not fond of this new alarm clock. ANYWAY. Got up. Showered. Washed hair. My skin has got to hell recently. Lots of pimples and stuff. I'm not even wearing makeup, it is just gross. Stress reaction. Lots of picking at my face. I should also wash my pillow cases.

Went to school to vote for the Sloth. Keep him as our mascot! The meeting took place in the commons and Drew was dressed as the sloth. He did a good job. Karen gave a spirited defense of the Sloth and its importance towards PNCA heritage and unity and stuff. A few of the proposed mascots didn't really have anyone speak about them. Kinoko made a good argument for the otter (which would be a good Pacific Northwest mascot) and Jenna promoted her pangolin. In the end the sloth was voted in. HURRAH! Campaigning and Democracy in action folks.

Sat and chatted with Mel and Karen. Went home. Watched some telly. Ate rice and seaweed. Drank tea. Worked on paper. Went to yoga. Relaxed. Damn good yoga. Went home. Watched more telly. Returned to working on paper. I'm almost all caught up with my current provided drafts. In the past half a semester I've had seven different edited drafts, some are very similar to others. So right now I'm almost through the seventh (the sixth and seventh came from Monday's optional paper exchange). It is shaping up. Just simply reading through it allows for greater changes. I'm cutting sentences left and right and the section about Tumblr was halved. I also added a seventh chapter just to conclude it. Seven chapters. 20 pages WITHOUT starting each chapter on a new page. 20 pages WITHOUT illustrations (there will be at least seven). So yeah. Going to finish up these last bits of edits. Tomorrow I have a draft coming from Heather (which I actually have right now, but I'm saving it for tomorrow). That will be the morning edit. Then Kevin says he will have my paper in my box by 3. So I'll go to school and work on his notes. And then Kirie will get a draft to me later. In between Kevin's edits and Kirie's drafts I will work on formatting this monster. It is a long day but it also doesn't seem so bad. It is just too bad that the drafts that they are editing are the Monday ones and not this one. Still, feedback is feedback.

Also knowing when certain drafts will come to me helps me structure my day.

ALSO I get so much satisfaction from deleting bits. I don't know what it is, it just feels so good to do so.

Todays Portrait Is: Lady Gaga.

No comments: