hi

hi

Saturday, April 30, 2011

my only friend the end

Oh boy. What a day. A day to final it all. We are done with OUR focus week. OURS. My class. Mine. No one elses. All that freaking jazz.

I decided to sleep through the first block of proposals. The 9am-10:30am ones. I'm still a bit sick and needed that time. But I did get up and get to school in time for the 11:00-12:30 ones. So I went to see Sivonna. Her thesis she made this whole product design line around this cyclops owl Muku. So she gave his story and detailed the process of collaboration to make the resin figures and the chocolate molds and she had a fashion show of her tee shirts. Zain, Samala's son, was totally fabulous.

Sivonna gave such a great thesis defense. It is weird how short these things seem when you go through the process.

Oh man, I'm tired. Okay, gotta keep writing.
Lunch was rice and stuff. Had some of it. It was good. Drew people who were at lunch.

Went to Heather "Tibby" McDowell's thesis proposal. It is funny how doing something like sport's photography is so foreign at PNCA. But she defending her proposal very well.

It was a packed house for Diana (the next proposal I went to). She is cataloging the type in the letterpress studio and doing pieces based around type and stuff. That will be cool. I gave some people some more posters and got some caramels in exchange.

After that I went to Jenn's defense. She did these paper dolls and focused on body image in women and DID SO WELL. She takes the awesome stance that acknowledged that stuff like "real women have curves" is just as harmful and how women are great instigators of negative self image and stuff. Anyway, she did great and I almost wanted to cry with how happy I was.

Afterwards there was a little going away party for Tom Mullowny in the commons. There was a band. And a keg. So I had some beer and sat and chatted with all sorts of people. Then we migrated to Yur's, where I partied more. Lots of great conversations and WHOOOOing and hugs and throwing of makeshift confetti. We may have made a bit of a mess, so I tipped well. Met Leo's lovely fiancee Kelly. Then some of us walked home. I dropped my bike off at home and met Beth, Leo, Danny, and Kelly at Muu Muus and had a burger. MMM! And now I am at home and I am tired and tomorrow there will be new Doctor Who. But right now I sleep.

Todays Portrait Is: David Bowie.

1 comment:

Mettananda said...

This is so nice blog...I love this blog..please visit my blog, Follow and Comment and me too done the same favor to you. http://ping.fm/nsEnv