hi

hi

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pilgrim in the Northwest

The power went out last night and I was forced to go to bed at a reasonable hour. Boo!

For some reason I got out of bed before 10am as well. Dad made poached egg on toast with melted cheese and I had some tea and watched my True Blood and Mad Men.

I FINALLY got the call from Barnes and Noble telling me Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour was in! Ma dropped me off at the mall at 4 and she met her friend Cathy for lunch. I scooped up my copy of the book, bought an owl necklace at Forever 21, a hot dog and drink at Orange Julius and took a seat far away from the noisy children and read!

And I read when mom took me home and for a little bit longer after that. Scott Pilgrim books are fast reads but get to the point in a way that doesn't feel light. Some parts of the art felt more rushed and I don't know how I feel about the ending. Waited a good long year for this comic. I'll read it again tomorrow naturally. I think I rushed through it too quick in my excitement.

Anyway, mom and pop went to a concert and I toodled around on the Internet. Then I put Storm Front, the first Dresden Files audio book, on play and went to finishing another quilt front. And when they returned and mom came up to the barn, I was sewing the last strip on. The middle is a 7x5 pinwheel square flanked by two 2x7 strips of pinwheels with a narrow 2xI dunno 20? smallest pinwheels. I dig it. Long and narrow. Now I just need to get the material to finish it up.

So yeah, doing nothing, reading, quilting. That was my day.

No comments: