hi

hi

Saturday, April 24, 2010

two days: one short post

Thursday:

Ink day was ink day. We learned a bit about Balthus. Watched a puppet video. Whoo.

Critique in illustration. The work had less volume to it than last projects, with the exception of Josh and Janessa. Josh printed out a skateboard design to scale, which was rad, and Janessa made pillows and shirts with screen printed design. Very cool. I had a good critique. There were words about text as usual. Martin either really likes us or has gone soft. I had soup for lunch.

Danny hasn't been at school all week. He must have had his baby. Well his wife must have had his baby.

More critique. It didn't last all day, but it wasn't quick either. Martin bought us milk and cookies again. After critique it was open work time. I showed him my bandana, and he made a noise I had never heard him utter before. An excited noise. He really, really liked it. Even bought one! Whoop whoop!

I finished up my .pdf portfolio for internship stuff, and then met Karen in the print lab and helped her print for a few hours. Mostly took prints and put them on the rack and exposed and washed out screens. She exposed two more layers backwards. TWO! Silly Karen. But her print is looking great. I went home with Lacey on the streetcar. Poor tired Lacey.

Friday:

I like days where I can sleep in.

Then I have to go to school and document art and submit more to the Illustration Juried Show (four pieces total). Which I did. Then I helped Karen print some more. Good to be out of the house. Karen was printing a five color poster to promote her thesis. A beautiful poster with clouds and split fountain layers. Really nice.

We had Laughing Planet for lunch. Mmmm.

Left at about 9:30. Whooo!!

Tomorrow is Stumptown Comic's Fest. I found out just today that Karen will only be there for a small portion of the day, and Lacey will probably be sleeping off her sleeping stress. I wish I had found out sooner about this. I might have space at the PNCA table. I'll have to wait and find out. It will be a busy day tomorrow. Mmm.

No comments: