hi

hi

Thursday, November 26, 2009

turkey train two

Thanksgiving break! Yay!

In History of Laughter we had a minor discussion about Charlie Chaplin, and then we watched City Lights. A delightful comedy that was enjoyed by all who bothered to attend. During break, Rachel and I looked at the horrid Design I projects. Just really bad design with horrible use of stock images and Photoshop. There were only two that we agreed were decent. I returned to class to find them watching the Kick Ass trailer. Zach and I talked a bit about Millar and making comics just to get them optioned. And then we finished the movie and got out early. I sought out Martin but learned he wouldn’t be around till noon. Talked to the library people and killed time.

History of Printmaking got into Hogarth. Lovely lovely Hogarth. And Harry Potter Puppet Pals (Morgan brought it up). We got booted from our room by a conflicting room assignment, so we returned to our cozy second floor space. More Hogarth. I tracked down Martin and gave him my piece. He said, and I quote, “this turned out really great”. Whee!!

Got another Chiptole burrito for lunch. Addictive buggers, but I wanted something to eat later on when I was on the train. It burst when they folded it up, so I got a second tortilla wrapping. I love the wrappers. Mmmm.

Morgan gave us a lesson in good story telling and advised Cameron and Carla on effective thesis presentations (it involves pointing with a stick). Then we returned to Hogarth and the Rake’s progress.

I left class to find my back tire flat! I wheeled my poor baby to the streetcar. Jim was there and we chatted all the way back. I inflated the tire and I hope when I return, I don’t find my bike resting on a flat tube. I lasted a year and a half on the original tubes, why are they suddenly failing?

Packed, said goodbye to Katie, and hauled butt down to 10th. I missed the streetcar I wanted to catch by a couple minutes, so I walked down to the Finnegan’s stop. A guy was solving a Rubik’s Cube and all I thought was, “I can do that a lot faster.”

Andrea boarded the streetcar and we had a three block chat. The train station was pretty stuffed but it had good order. Most of the crowd was for the 6:15 train. Got my ticket and aired out my sweat. After I picked up my seat assignment, I got some corn nuts and gummy bears for the train ride. First I finished my burrito.

Speaking of burritos, in History of Print our final potluck is going to be a burrito assemblage. Everyone will be responsible for bringing the ingredients, that way we will all be well fed and none of us will have to pay or make a full dish. I might get dibs on rice when the food assignments are handed out.

Fairly quiet train ride. Finished watching The Adventures of Baron Munchausen. Napped. Nathan and Rubie were queued outside the train station and I was quick to toss my suitcase and backpack in. Some families really took their sweet time loading while at the same time holding up traffic.

It was a nice, familiar ride back into Kitsap. Chatted about class and vegans and all that usual stuff. I find it interesting that I can explain silkscreening to Nate and he gets understands in, but trying to explain it to some classmates is near impossible. Some minds just don’t work like that.

Mom and Pop were still up when we got home. No late night hot tubbing. Chatted, looked at holiday catalogues, and Nathan showed Dad how to Facebook.

No comments: