hi

hi

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

printing queen

Got to school right on time. We looked through our prints and discussed why monotypes would be hard to critique, then we did a communal print as per usual. Then we had open work time till 1:30. In that time, I finished the final layer on my silk screen! Madeline texted me wondering where I was, so she came to the print lab and I gave her a print.

After lunch, we had a guest come in and show us his monotypes. He was a nice fellow. Tom and Chelsey left early to catch a train. I finished silk screening my other print, the one for Morgan. It is looking good. Two more layers to go!

I also did another monotype, just to do one for the day. Played with abstract but it wasn't much of anything.

At five I helped them clean up. By them I mean the four other students who hung around after Tom left.

Rainbow asked if I wanted to grab a bite to eat at Yur's, so I agreed. Yur's is the faux dive bar that all the PNCA students go to. It is only a couple blocks, so a really easy walk. Comfy seats and very clean while having standard bar decor. I had a grilled cheese sandwich and a Mirror Pond Pale Ale. I showed Rainbow Grandpa John's silkscreen textbook. She loved it. Some other PNCA people joined us, namely Anthony, Tesar, Tesar's girl, and this other fella. We all sat and chatted about thesis and a good time was had, even though I didn't really know the other people. I left at 6:30.

Talked with Natalie about silkscreen and showed her my stencils. Tried to help her figure out how to use the systematic process of silkscreen to aid her own sense of image making. She left with a pleased look on her face, so I think I did manage to help.

Now just chilling out. Nothing left to do but the last few classes and packing. Whoo whoo!!

No comments: