hi

hi

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

day two of year three

Katie made me breakfast! Egg and toast and bacon! We walked to school together as well.

Monotype looks like it will be fun. You draw with oil on Plexiglas plates and print them on paper and it looks cool. I'm excited. It's my "no reading required" class. Hopefully a little chance to relax. In the class are: Robin, Phil, Ali, Patsy, Chelsey, Danielle, Taryn, Darya, Erin (different Erin), Antonia, and another one who will have a name I remember eventually. There is a TA as well. Also has a name. Tom is our teacher. Seems really cool. There is a half jovial spirit, half seriousness thing in the class right now. I lean towards jovial though Robin didn't seem impressed. Oh well. We had a quick explanation and we broke early to get food and paper (that will be the main cost this semester as all the other supplies are there in the studio).

Lunch was free pizza and cupcake! We had convocation in the commons. I sat with Jay, who had a magnificent new short do. I sat next to a new fella named Jason. We talked about movies and names. Barry Sanders led the convocation and talked about the dawn of humor and how laughter is what creates our soul. It was a lovely speech and I cannot wait to get up and go to class tomorrow. Sucks that it is early in the morning but oh well. I'll probably get my tire fixed after History of Printmaking gets out.

Ran into Katie and we walked to her studio together. She has one in the Stevens! I drew a picture of Luna and her doing a jig on Luna on her wall. It is awesome. Afterwards we went to this grocery that Fawn recommended. Cheap by Whole Foods standards, expensive by my Trader Joe's standards. Picked up a yogurt and some mochi thing that didn't look like any mochi I had ever had. And some fancy apples. Ginger Gold. Had one later on in the night. Way too delicious. Juicy and just. Yum.

I planned out the first five TBA events I am going to go to. Once Bryan gets me his thing, I'll see what else I have time to attend. Right now it is "The Shipment" by Young Jean Lee, "Last Meadow" by Miguel Gutierrez and the something something, "Bolero Variations" by Raimund Hoghe, "Erased James Franco" by Carter, and "...Hers a Queen" by Neal Medlyn. I saw Neal last year with Averie. He is back and seems twice as awesome as he was.

Still beat and recovering from the return to school. Once I get my tire back, I am going to Trader Joe's! Good deals, here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What happened to your daily blog? There is nothing since Tuesday. Help! Must have Trill's daily blog!~lp