hi

hi

Monday, August 31, 2009

good girls wear green

Still no fixed bike tire. Walked to school. Not so bad. Just takes 20 minutes longer. More time to think I guess.

Narrative Image is going to be TOUGH. The first assignment (due in four weeks) is a 8-40 page memoir. We also have to illustrate three images for it. Huge. We don't have class next week so by next class we need the rough draft and some thumbnails. It's scary right now but hey, I write every night. No biggie. We also have some reading but I can read.

Bryan, James, Danny, Kristen, Natalie, Rachel, April, Alex, and about 9 others I don't know round out the class. A fair size. The room is the new 815B classroom. The large open section is reserved for a computer lab, the narrow part is where the two tables are grouped. There is already a table division with the people who sit at the different tables. But whatever, my table is cool. Bryan shared some of his M&Ms.

First exercise was a contour drawing of the person across from us. I did James. Then we traded paper and wrote some adjectives about ourselves. Then we traded again and did a proper portrait of the other person. James trimmed his hair but not his beard. He has a major Rip van Rasputin vibe going on.

We worked on time lines off our remembered history, lists of family memories, analysis of the family memories and three events from our history and our fears from around that time. Daniela always has a ping pong effect with her class structure. It bounces around but it is always fun. There is a lot of writing in the class but that is good. By this point it is assumed that we know how to draw and don't need that coaching. It's a hardcore class but hey, I'm up for it. I'm a Junior.

Lunch broke early. I bought some sushi and animal crackers from Safeway. I recon I can buy some seaweed and cucumbers and make a big sushi roll and eat it like a sandwich. A pretty low impact meal. I'm getting ideas. Kristen and I sat in the park and chatted. We migrated around the school. Saw people. Old faces. Leah, Tabitha, Robin, etc.

All the Freshmen look alike. Same styling and all that. I feel like I stand out when I loiter near them. I need to be more filthy or something. Oh well. I was rocking huge fluffy hair today and even put on some makeup. The mascara is giving me trouble. I need to buy some fresh stuff. Right after I buy more freaking food!

After class I waited around for an hour for yoga. I looked through the TBA book. Tons of cool dances and a few neat videos I for sure want to check out.

Yoga was just Ruth, Fawn, and myself. It was fun though. Tough. I'm so out practice for it. Wrists were paining. Fawn helped me go into a hand stand.

Exhausted, I slumped over to the streetcar. I had a wait so I bought a soda from Cool Moon.

So exhausted. Adam was in town for the night. He and Katie went out on the town. I was exhausted. Just watched True Blood and organized the Narrative Image handout.

Monotype tomorrow! Back in the Print Lab. Whooo!! But once that is done, my week will be half done! Four day schedules ROCK!

No comments: