hi

hi

Sunday, August 30, 2009

goodbye

Michael Davis died. He was our Resident Advisor. Always had a smile. He jumped off a bridge on Thursday. No one had any idea he was unhappy. I'm sad I never got to know him better. He was always around school. Always a friend of a friend.

Yesterday:

The net was on and off. Katie was out at her sisters dog sitting. She came back late because she was trying to round some people up to see The Final Destination in 3D. Only Liz and William showed up so they decided to stay in. So we all played some Mario Kart. Then we popped some wine and wrote up some drinking rules and watching Thirteen Ghost. Drink for death, drink for when they put on the ghost seeing glasses, drink for a Matthew Lillard psychic attack, drink for nudity, drink with the maid is being sassy, and drink when someone tells someone else to shut up. I drank a little more responsibly than the others but we had a great time all around. Thirteen Ghosts had an amazing set design. All these glass panels and a reliance on physical creation over computer graphics. We decided to make it a Lillard double feature and Liz and William sobered up during SLC Punk. Also good. Love Til Schweiger.

Net wasn't working so I popped open a book, read a little, and went to sleep.

Today:

Katie left early in the morn to go care for her sisters dogs. I watched some Torchwood and then later the net got fixed.

When checking the mail, I found a post-it informing me I had a package. A post-it is not a great way to tell someone they have a package.

At 8pm all the new Goose Hollow students gathered in the courtyard. Michael Hall was there and told us about Michael Davis. We separated into our pods, with Hall taking over to talk to us because we were in Davis' pod. It was a quiet little discussion about loss.

I am off the waitlist for Monotype. My Junior year starts tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your resident advisor/classmate's death. Death by accident is bad enough, but suicide is especially tragic and horrible. ~lp