hi

hi

Saturday, August 8, 2009

thursday/friday

Thursday:

Another cold day. Totally sucks. I keep getting the sniffles. I don’t know if it is attached to dander or wool or dust or what. After an orange juice and toast breakfast I helped mom move books around. Found a great old two volume copy of Grimm stories illustrated by Sendak. There is a nice volume of Bradbury short stories. Lots of dusty paper backs and a few moldy volumes. Pretty extensive collection.

The dust got to me really bad and I had to escape and just stand and breath fresh air. Mold and dust is not good at all for me. Lunch was poached eggs on English muffins with cheese. Mmm. I’ve been sifting through those massive Phaidon art books. Getting inspired and all that.

The radio is set to this great station of mostly 60’s and 70’s generic hits.

Mom won Settlers of Catan. We went out in the kayak’s. I eventually managed to get really warm and toasty while exerting the effort it took to get my wimpy arms paddling. Then when I was warm I wanted to swim but by the time it took to get my swimsuit on, I had cooled off enough. So I just took a bath.

The So You Think You Can Dance finale was awesome! So many great numbers. So much dancing can happen when you don't have to critique it. I voted for Jeanine. Go Jeanine!

Friday:

Woke up early to Mom's ringtone. Dozed a little more. Eventually got up and went with mom to run Port Townsend errands. Recycling. Goodwill. We went through the drive through for breakfast/early lunch.

Another dreary day. We went to QVC and picked up some staples for the house. Flowers.

I went right to bed when we got back to Pulali Point. Neglected to help mom put the groceries away. I slept for about two hours. Or maybe three. A long while. It is hard to get a good night sleep in Pulali.

Dad had arrived and made us dinner. Burgers! Delicious. At dinner mom said that we were going to spend another night. I did not want to stay in Pulali any longer. It was cold and emotionally heavy. I wasn't sleeping. Mum agreed to go home tonight. Packed books into a suitcase and stuffed my clothes in the bag. I went home with dad in the truck. Talked about silk screening.

It's nice to be back in Seabeck. Big cozy bed. Basil.

No comments: