hi

hi

Sunday, August 2, 2009

goodbye matty

Back again in a train station waiting and writing.

Had a restless night sleep. Got up with the alarm which I am pretty sure I turned off. Uh oh. Anyway, showered and got dressed. Found some cool pants in the free pile yesterday so I am wearing those. They fit pretty well though the length is suspect.

Breakfast of oatmeal and tea. Cuddled Luna. Finished my packing. I left at 1:30 to catch a 1:44 streetcar. Arrived at Subway right at 2 to meet Matt.

Matt is going back to New Jersey on the 12th. Won’t see him again unless I am in the New York/Jersey area. I strongly doubt he will return to Portland. He bought me my sandwich and drink. A farewell lunch. We talked about hypothetical stuff. I muttered and rambled in the way that I do. We walked to the station together. He was very nice about lugging my luggage. I didn’t want to bring the big blue bag. Need a slightly smaller one for short trips that can double as carry on.

Hugged Matt goodbye. Now I sit and wait the hour out.

*****

The train was a double decker. It is extra wobbly and there are no power outlets for computers. Napped and read and thought. The train was about 20 minutes late and all the toilets went out. It took a while to get off the train because of a lady. The conductors were asking if everybody was off and we cried out, "No!"

Mom and pop were waiting. Hurray! We hugged and waited for my bag to unload.

Drove straight home. Mom reheated some chicken and rice. They both sifted through the Applicant book. After dinner we played Settlers of Catan. I won. I got some really good rolls that gave me plenty of wood and I had a port so I was able to trader pretty effectively and often. I won, hahaha! Had a huge road and a couple cities. Next time, we shall see.

It is warm but not as hot as it has been. Basil is still obese. Tomorrow we go to Pulali Point for a chunk of the week.

No comments: