hi

hi

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

grandparents & bug bites


8 minute blog because we have to get over to the other house to watch So You Think You Can Dance!

Managed to get some good sleep once I dug out the comforter. Nice and snug. Dad went back to Seabeck to do some work there. Some prep work and all that. I went through the New Yorkers and looked for interesting illustrations and articles. Found a David Sedaris short.

Ma debated going home for the rest of the day. Take a break from the emotional weight of Pulali. We decided to stick around. Mom is going to sleep in the tent most likely.

We visited Grandma Pedersen. She folded and unfolded her blanket and was generally quiet. She walked over to the couch and fell asleep. It wasn't a long visit. She doesn't look like the Grandma I remember. Not anymore.

Afterwards we went to Shanghai Restaurant and met Grandma and Grandpa Spencer for lunch. They had eaten recently so they didn't quite dig into their Egg Foo Yung so much. I had beef with broccoli and mom had the salmon special which was served sizzling. My beef was tender. It was a good meal.

Some drinks and other things were bought at Safeway and then Pulali Bound we were once again. Hard to believe the round trip was over 60 miles. So much driving is required. Portlanders whine about driving five miles. But city miles are, obviously, different than country ones.

I set up my computer outside Celia's cabin and she and mom took a dip. I relaxed with my old friend the Internet for a while. Dinner was pasta with sauce that included bits from the burgers from two nights ago. Now for dancing! Mom says she bought four tickets. Exciting!

No comments: