hi

hi

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

the old fashioned way




Got up early. It is hard to sleep in when people are moving about and working. Jeanette and Liam came over for a visit and some cocoa. The day is cold. And I don’t have pants. Boo!

Breakfast was cider and cheerios. Ma and I took a quick trip to Brinnon to pick up some things. Standard little tiny store with just name brand, cheap grabs. No vegetables or other things that could be marked as healthy. After all that we played a little game of Settlers of Catan. It was hard to keep mom at the table. She wanted to be productive and all that. I ended up winning just by having development cards with points and the largest army. I didn’t have very fruitful settlements. Mom and Dad both had huge roads and plenty of cities.

First up was the bathroom. Cleaning to paint it. I browsed through the books in the upstairs room. Plenty of Shakespeare. A lot of 60’s paperbacks. Found a 1941 Silk Screen book. Fascinating to look at the older, far more complicated procedure. Also a 1961 hardcover of James and the Giant Peach. It might be a first edition. Beautiful.

When the paint needed time to dry, Dad and I got out the little onesie sailboat. Pretty easy thing to rig up. It is a converted row boat I believe. It took a little while for me to remember how to do the sailing thing (I took a class a few years ago). It came back and I went up and down and up and down. Waved to Kirie. Waved to Mom. Celia came back from work and put on a swimsuit. She got on the inner tube and I attached her to the boat and towed her around for a while. That was quite fun. Got some good breezes. Ma and Pa went out in the kayaks for a little bit. I tripped coming out of the sail boat and got wet. Dad traded with me and mom and Celia swam. I showered.

Dinner was a second feast. Celia made a clam soup and heated up the leftovers. I filled up on bread unfortunately. What I had was quite good. Mark, Kirie, Mom, Dad, Celia, and I enjoyed it all. Num num. The mosquitoes feasted as well.

It was a relaxing day. I’m undefeated in all my Settlers of Catan gaming. Bwahha.

No comments: