hi

hi

Monday, August 24, 2009

journey to 42nd

Yesterday:

The Internet went down and no one is in the office on Sunday to get around to fixing it.

So I slept in. Took a nap. Read my book. Played with makeup.

Today:

Internet returned! Still, read a little. Stuffed drawings of Luna under Katie's door.

Later in the afternoon we, that is Katie and I, went grocery shopping. But this wasn't any ordinary shopping outing, we went to the Grocery Outlet! This required getting on the max and taking it to 42nd and then walking about 10 blocks. Grocery Outlet had super deals! Pasta, bread, mayo, creme cheese, M&Ms, shampoo, soap, a bottle of Riesling if a special occasion happens, bagels, sunscreen, conditioner, and chocolate milk! All for a pretty good price. Tomorrow I plan to walk to Trader Joe's and pick up vegetables. I'm a Granny Smith apple snob.

It was a nice warm day. Not so hot that you suffer, but certainly a nice heat not to be avoided.

We put away our groceries. I poured my M&Ms (I got a big bag) into the tiny cookie jar for everyone to sample. Made myself a little creme cheese and bagel lunch and sat back and watched the new episode of True Blood. Eric Northman, the 1000 year old Nordic Vampire, is played by Alexander Skarsgaard. He also played Meekus in Zoolander!

Dinner was more starch. I'll have to also get some sauce at Trader Joe's.

Summer is winding down. Played with makeup some more. Trying to find an ease with application so that when I feel like tidying myself up, I can do so with minimal mess ups.

I told Katie about Tuna Claus and she regarded my family as crazy for having such a tradition. Whatever. She's just jeaaalooouuus.

Today's word is: femlans. Ullans, Northern Ireland. Means the remains of a meal. As in, "Trillian, if you don't eat your femlans, you won't get dessert!"

No comments: