hi

hi

Friday, August 28, 2009

fun with the friends that I have

Had a groggy start to the day. Woke up with the intention of another do nothing day. And I did just that for the most part. Around 4pm I got an invite to Nathalie's casual birthday. At 6 I did my makeup and got all pretty. Then at 6:45 when I was ready to leave, I couldn't find my keys!!

Searched and searched. They have just vanished. Not in the purse. Not by the door. I know I used them to unlock yesterday. I couldn't have put them anywhere not normal. It took a while for Katie to call my back and confirm she will be home to let me in when I get back from the party.

At 7:30 I left. My hair in braids, my eyes lines and eyeshadowed, and my lips pinked. The max brought me to 42nd. From there I went to Trader Joe's and bought Nathalie some Toblerone for her present (I also drew her a picture). The guys at the counter kept suggesting ways to make it more present like. Eventually we came to an agreement of including 23 Trader Joe's stickers for all of Nathalie's 23 years. Hehe.

The celebration was held at Moon and Sixpence on 42nd and Tillamook. It was a nice little bar. I was the sixth there. Nathalie, her man Kevin, Terry, Jimmy, and Nathalie's twin Katie were there before me. I started with my standard Greyhound. I ordered up some fish and chips because I knew I would be drinking more and had not eaten in a long while. The chips were delicious. Daniel W. arrived. Then Meghan Mitchell arrived looking fabulous in high waisted jeans. The last person to arrive to fill out out crew was BT, but he showed up much later. After dinner I had a lemon drop as per Meghan's suggestion and then ordered an Old Fashioned simply because I saw them on Mad Men or something. Heh. I kept wonderfully warm and tipsy through the night and had a great time. I have some cool friends here. Can't get distracted by all the twits that seem to overcrowd me in some places.

My tab for the night wasn't that bad. Normally three drinks and a meal would be a scary amount but it came up to just barely over twenty. Seems good. And Nathalie liked her present muchly.

Daniel went home with me. Not like that. We took the max back together. He brought his bike on it and rode with me to PGE Park. Not like I was scared to ride back by myself, but sometimes the Max can be dodgy. We talked about classes and comics. We have History of Printmaking together.

After he left, I had the misfortune of telling some visitors that they had missed their Max stop by about 5 stops (they wanted Pioneer Place). Thankfully they found out BEFORE they went through the tunnel. I helped them figure out the schedule and directions. They were not so disgruntled, this people from Washington DC. A nice attitude about getting side tracked. I could tell how tired they were though. Poor peoples.

Katie let me in. Hopefully my keys will show up tomorrow.

No comments: