hi

hi

Monday, April 20, 2009

time to rest

Back to school after such a very long but wonderful weekend.

A brilliant and beautiful day greeted me this morning. It was all sunny and warm and stuff.

It was a quick little sum up of the color studies and thumbnails. Not a lot of people were able to get them done. Robin did. Hers were excellent and photorealistic from a distance. We teased her a little and then I felt bad. We were only teasing because she was totally awesome and we were totally projecting our own anxieties about our performance. Yeah. We all adore Robin, we mean no harm.

Anyhoo, lunch greeted us early and I got Yo's chicken and sat with Daniel and Vanessa on the loading dock. There was quite a bit of wandering inside and out and all about. And oh shoot I just realised I left half the paper I bought for today's assignment in the classroom. Oh well, I don't think anyone will nab it. Anyway, the rest of class was this rather fun mixed media assignment where through the course of it she would instruct us to switch mediums and switch the orientation of the piece. Mine turned out cool but I liked the initial sketch much better. But it was a nice day and we got out early.

The Goose Hollow people FINALLY found the package that Aunty Celia sent me for my birthday. It has this amazing hat which is now a little out of season, but only because it is wool. It is too neat to not be in season:

Also my hair is getting so long. The longest it has ever been in my life and probably the healthiest it has been in years.

Kevin bleached his hair and now looks like me, crica 2006 when I tried to bleach it by hand. Remember? My graduation? Yeah. Well, I think he can rock it. He has some good looks in his closet.

Anyway, yeah we collaged and the fair weather bikers came out in droves. And moron bikers. Who text and wobble while biking. Dumb butt. So many bikers being all la la la when it is sunny. Where are they when it is cloudy and cold and raining? No where! Probably driving a car.

I spent the rest of the day resting and recuperating from the intense week. Ate a lovely dinner from Gabe, watched Arrested Development. Solved the top part of my cube, again. I can't wait to learn the second part!

There is an Illustration Juried show. I needa document some work and submit. Or else Thom will just grab it all. Hmmnn.