hi

hi

Friday, April 24, 2009

grease is the word

Another day with a tad misjudged weather. Dressed in light short pants and shirt and a hoodie and I should have worn full pants and maybe a thicker coat. Anyway, I stayed inside most of the time anyway.

Solved my cube for real for the first time! We got more group theory (closure, identity, associativity, and that other one). We also got the grading rundown. If it takes us under 10 minutes to solve the cube without notes, we get an A. With notes it is a B. I can do it real fast with notes. Well, I haven't solved it again since. It kinda broke open during a twist and I think I put in a piece upside down (which I didn't think would matter). Anyway, trying to solve it. I solved Madeline's cube so I know I can do it.

I wasn't feeling too good so I mostly just sat at a table in the library and talked to who came and went. Mostly Jon and Terry. Well, mostly Jon. Cool guy. We both agree drawing ladies is much more fun.

Had some meager lunch munchins. Didn't have much of an appetite, I just had to get something in me.

Digital tools was goofy. We went over thumbnails an rough sketches and joked about ideas. A lot of people were just in a laughing mood (or a weird car discussion mood). I left a little early because Madeline called and said she had an extra ticket to see Grease at the Keller Auditorium! It is the travelling version with that Taylor Hicks fellow who was on American Idol a few years back.

Anyway, changed into much needed warm clothes and pedaled down to 3rd and waited for Madeline to show. We had balcony seats but she came with binoculars. It was a fun show. NOT the high school edit. The binocs allowed me to see the actual expressions and sheen of sweat as they performed under the lights. I do hope Madeline has extra tickets in the future for shows. Whee musicals! Made me think of Ma.

Anyway, when I got back Katie and Nicky were watching Fatal Attraction so I sat with them and watched that. Okay, if the police tell you that a crazy stalker lady can't be found, why do you leave your wife alone for longer than a minute? Like, go on vacation or something. I get that you don't want to show that you are afraid of the crazy stalker but come on! It had some lovely direction.

I'm going up to Seattle for this weekend. Going to see Bloc Party, going to hang with Llyw, going to kick back and relax before returning to Portland for final projects. It is focus week, which means everyone is giving Thesis so I get a few solid days to just work (with exception of the proposals that I see).

To do:
Digital Illustration! (just need references, a tablet, my headphones and I am good to go)
Screen Print! (three of the transfers are on one screen and the final just needs to be applied, four colors in an edition of under 38? Please, I could always add a few more stripes if I see fit)
Revised sketches, color compositions, light passing by paintings for Illustration! (a little more tricky, I just need to sit and work)
Rubik's cube practice!



Anyway, like I said. I will be up in Seattle so I probably won't be blogging. Full report Sunday night.

How to solve a Rubik's Cube (or what I have to remember, in order, so that I can):
R'D'RD
URU'R'U'F'UF
U'L'ULUFU'F'
FRUR'U'F'
RUR'URUUR'
URU'L'UR'U'L
R'D'RD

No comments: