hi

hi

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

blarg

I solved my Rubik's cube for the first time today! All though it happened by sheer happenstance. I didn't use the last algorithm to solve the thing. We got all of the little codes in class to solve it. I can the first few memorized to solve one layer and I am getting better at solving the second. I'm happy I have a slick cube that moves. Trying to work with Karen's is a pain. It is so herky jerky and stiff.

During the break I worked on the cube. Robin and I took a walk to get a free cone for Ben and Jerry's free scoop day. It was a brilliant and sunny day. All warm and perfect for ice cream nibbles in the park blocks.

Upon return to school, I sat with Nathalie at the fancy table and benches. Amanda came and joined us. Then Karen. Then Bryan pulled up a chair. Jim lingered. It was neat.

Critique went well for me. Mostly nitpicks and questions about weighing the importance of the bus versus the larger meaning of the cars. It was a brilliant day and we were given the option of staying in or leaving early. I was going to stay in but then I got an invite for Margaritas from Ursula, Amanda, Karen, Nathalie, Terry, and Erin. I decided to go for it. I've been so good.

Karen, Ursula, and I rode our bikes over to Mazatlan and were the first to get there and spent some time pushing different tables together and irking the waitstaff. I should not listen to people when they suggest orders for me. I started with a Fiesta which was a nice cocktail. When the second round came up, I was urged to get this drink that came in a bowl. And came in a bowl it did. Nathalie helped but still that thing kinda knocked me on my butt. It was a long meander back to the Goose with Karen. Long long long. A sad little baseball game was playing at PGE Park.

And then I crashed on the couch. I got some teasing from Gabe and Katie but they were overall nice and gave me some Ibuprofen and chilled ice water. Spring focus week is almost here. I don't have much due this week (if anything). Just have to work on my screenprint. Will probably head out early and get some paper. Also need to document some work for the Illustration Juried Show.

No comments: