hi

hi

Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Wintersmas

Yay! A lovely delightful Christmas was had! I was the last up and downstairs. Nathan was hopping to get to unwrapping. Cinnamon rolls and bacon and Billy Tea were passed out and we tore into that pile. I received some jammie bottoms and a longjohn set (a most awesome gift), the new Neil Gaiman novel from mom (what a great gift and I didn't even ask for it, she got it just be being aware of what I like and what was out), lots of candy and sweets, a fireman Playmobil complete with two hoses AND two different gas masks, some really awesome layered neon Converse AllStars (I'll have to tote them to work to make sure they stay clean enough to be worked in), a foot massager, a handcrafted, custom built, pop up wooden brush holder made by dad, and, also by dad, a wooden bowl of a unique design limited to a series of four in existence. Rock on! Pretty awesome haul, now I just have to find some sort of room for it on the journey to Portland.

My trip back has been taken care of. I am leaving for Portland bright and early Tuesday morning. I'll be back by noon. Monday will be spent with Nathan and Rubie in Tacoma. Most likely playing Wii.

After the unwrapping and assembling of the traditional Christmas Lego, we slowly got our things together and tested the snow and slush once again. On Rubie's driveway two cars were clueless about ice navigation but we got through it all with not a ding. All five of us were crammed into the truck with gifts double wrapped in trash bags for protection against the elements.

In place of the traditional Christmas Meal, there was cheese and meat as far as the eye could see. All kinds for all types of people were present. Mmm! Rubie unwrapped her gifties. We received cash which will be put towards things like, oh I don't know, bike tires probably. Through the day I painted portraits of people. I think the ones I did of Mom and Grandpa turned out the best in terms of likeness but Nate and Rubie look cool in terms of style. Working on my speed. Can't have the season pass me by without any effort to show for it.

Rubie bested us as karaoke (I'm not sure if she was aware that we are dominantly tone deaf). Mom was quiet by on key. I was all over the place and just terrible.

It was a slow, dark crawl back to Seabeck. Dropped Rubie off at her house. Mom and I walked together to the house while Nate and Dad put chains on the truck. My eyes adjusted and everything was a creepy, snowy black and white with only the light of the house calling us on.

I made my highly notable popcorn and watched Mamma Mia! with mamma and poppa. It has a few...delightful moments but it really isn't my type of thing. Just a little too girly and silly.

Now to sleep in. A day of rest and then it is the Pulali Shindig!

No comments: