hi

hi

Friday, October 31, 2008

the soldier, the horse, the light, the women, it's all there!!

Is this week over yet? No? I have one more day? Crud!

We had Kate as our model in figure drawing. We did a segment where we didn't draw her but everything around her. It was her birthday so she gave us all presents (her artwork). I got what I believe to be a self portrait. It is nifty but I don't know where to put it yet. A lot of class was occupied with talking. Talking about the web, talking about homework (zombie assignment) and just talking. It was a relaxing day.

I did about 10 photocopies of my Ensign Ricky zine of the line art form and handed it out to people telling them to "Save the Red Shirts". My drawing class liked them (well the people who I knew who would probably like them, did). I finished them and ran off a pile of black and white copies and canvased all my friends through the day with them. Finished my painting with time to spare. Had a caramel apple courtesy of the school throwing us a Halloween shindig of sorts. It was good. I just plugged away at my projects and time flew by.

Painting class had a delay due to printing errors. Our critiques are really nice. It's hard to get up the nerve to say anything negative but I did manage to point out that one piece was the easy way but the person didn't seem to mind and actually accepted the fact with relish that they didn't challenge themselves. What?

I made a .pdf of my zine and put it on the class website and then scooted home, watched Pushing Daisies, and worked on my illustration homework and my response to Children of Men. I was looking up Guernica and holy cow there is a ton of crossover between that painting and the story! Lots of the same symbols and whatnot. I'm so excited about this, I can't wait for class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need a little white dog to complete your costume. But it looks good! Doesn't TinTin wear a cap, too? ~lp