hi

hi

Monday, April 21, 2008

the magic number

Wow. Twenty bucks says my next entry starts with "I'M SORE AND HURT ALL OVER."

The Art History test was delayed so that Libby could teach us more more more. We got up to Manet and that is about it. So much info that was so generally covered. I must have more! Thankfully I have to take two art history electives. Whoo!

Yoga was standard yoga. It cut a little into class time though. Oh well.

The time to register for next semester is upon me. So begins the "I signed up for this, then this, then I changed it to this after talking to Pearl" season. I could only figure out four classes to take. I really need to talk to Pearl. Three of them are pretty certain though. So what I am taking (which will most likely change) is:
Illustration Studio I: Word + Image (with Chad)
Painting Techniques for Illustrators II (with someone that isn't Annie)
History of Design (there's a Art History 1945-1970 option but this works better with my schedule)
Science F(r)iction (the most temporary class right now. Just something I signed up for as an elective. It is another lit class with Trevor).

So yeah, that will most assuredly change. I'd like to take five classes but I have no idea how to fill it up.

I helped Karen put up posters for comic club and went home. Lousy weather. I only had a short amount of time to relax and put another layer on my drawing before it was time to go.

Go to Melanie's 30th Birthday Sun Salutation Extravaganza!! Melanie is my Monday Yoga teacher. She was doing 108 Sun Salutations in honor of her big day and invited people to join her, so I did. Sun Salutations are a cycle of movements in sync to breathing. One rotation is: prayer, swam dive down, flat back, hop to plank, scoop down through chutarunga and go into cobra, back into downwards facing dog, hop your feet to your hands, flat back, sweep your arms up, and come back into prayer. And that is one. I did 27, then I drew for a bit (I asked if I could ahead of time, the results were actually nice for being really quick). I did about five more in the middle, and finished the whole 108 with another 10 or so. A grand total of about...

42 Sun Salutations. Ha!

It was intense and nice. I have never gone over the Burnside Bridge on my bike before. Going across was worse than coming back, but coming back I had that final stretch with the hill. Stopped by Ole Ole and got a mondo burrito which I scarfed about 3/4 of when I arrived home. I did another layer on my drawing. Not sure how I am going to take it to school tomorrow. Hmmnn. Now I am just relaxing. I know I'll be sore tomorrow but it was so worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Trill.

Anonymous said...

Trilly-You are my hero. I am doing very well at keeping up on this blog in 2008. LOVE~Jetti