hi

hi

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

the list shortens


I am covered with the blood of printmakers. Ink everywhere! But I am now half way done with the mostly final project in printmaking. Just have to run off some prints of my reworked plates and then that is it.

So yeah, long long day in printmaking. I got my aluminium. Photocopied both my images. Put the first image on. It went on without a hitch. I was very worried too. Seemed like it could have easily gone horribly wrong (it did for another person). But it didn't. Came back from lunch and etched it. Cut my paper. Rolled up the ink. Prepared everything. And I printed. From about 2:30 to 4:30. Which really isn't all that long but it is two solid hours where I couldn't stop because stopping would mean the plate might dry out. Can't have that. The red ink went onto the paper much nicer than the black. It was also my own mix of red and not straight from the can so that made it extra special. It was a rich and bright red. A lovely one. Vibrant. So I got all the prints done and they look great stand alone.

I now see the wonders that litho present to me. The variety of colors I could combine...the images I could apply to the metal... oh dear oh dear. I want to do more! I went from image on paper to 10 prints in five hours. And the second round to finish the print should go quicker. Damn I'm loving this. I must do more!

Comic club was cancelled due to no Karen so no paper for Jam. Also not that many people were in the commons, the posters went up late, there were no tables in the commons, and with no food it is hard to draw a crowd. But I had a good lunch anyway. I sat with Jim and Daniel and chatted comic stuff and ate my sandwich. Was a very good lunch.

After being hunched over printing for hours, it felt so great to recline in a chair. Unfortunately I had to read From Hell and that killed the fun of relaxing. I think I would enjoy it more if I had more time to spend with it. I find the history interesting but it is going on and on and makes for slow reading. Get on with the murdering already! Blah blah blah I'm tired of the character portrait of London.

Yoga was brilliant. It unkinked my back. Got me out of my slouch. I even got my heels down during Downwards Facing Dog. I don't know what I would do without yoga. Helps me unwind and keep me loose and upright. I think I would be a bundle of tense if I never took the chance.

A wee bit chilly and windy going home. Made myself a bit plate of frozen stir-fry (very bland but warm) and some hash browns. Conversed with Lindsay. Finished my big blue mess. It is still a big blue mess, just with a big blue lady over it all. Meh.

No comments: