hi

hi

Thursday, November 8, 2007

two eyes on the floor

Finished and printed out all my digital tools pieces with a minute to spare to get to drawing. I did two for the "my choice" part because I'm not sure either of the two would cut it on their own. I did one with just orange, yellow, green and blue and the other just solid black and white. The orange, yellow, green and blue one looks really snazzy. Might return to those colors for later artwork. I was working from the theory that you can fill in any map with five colors (or was it six?) and never have the same color touch itself. Okay sure with four there was some touching but as a whole it has a nice pop.

The substitute, Peter, he had us start with a 15 minute pose. I wasn't warmed up and my drawing looking terrible. We gradually sped up to two 10 minutes, two 5 and a 3 minute pose. I warmed up and definitely became more confident with the lines that I had to make within my time constraints.

Then it was lunch time! The meal at student council was magnificent. Noodles with meat and veggies. Mmm. Delicious. Stuffed my face and enjoyed having several people holler at me. Well not holler but they were like "hey Trillian!" and that's cool. I like getting attention for being awesome. The main point of the meeting was about how PNCA is trying to get a building to expand into. Might take a bike trip down to see the building Sunday (seeing as how I love my Sunday bike rides).

Returning to class we started with a 10 minute pose and then did two 30 minute poses. I was astonished about how confident and correct my lines were. I could just...draw the model. There wasn't the constant searching for what was correct. Something clicked. Now I wonder if Arvie's methods of starting fast for warm ups and slowing down might be screwing me up. Well. It is a little early to tell. Every drawing I get better.

I really need to start taking photographs of what I have been doing. This was supposed to be an art blog. Nearing the big 100th post and still no art.

Made a quick grocery pickup. Took a risk with riding with eggs. They all made it home uncracked.

Sean made buffalo burgers and we sat down and watched Day Watch. If I didn't know it was part of a trilogy (possible quadrilogy) I would be really pissed at the ending. The visuals hold up to the first movie and I like the continuing of the mythology of the Russian sci-fi it has created. The plot was a little strung out and it seemed like it didn't have enough to fill it (like the first one did). It is clearly a bridge between the first and the third.

It may just be the Daft Punk talking but I am really loving Stronger by Kanye West.

No comments: