hi

hi

Thursday, November 8, 2007

kick up and fall over

I figured when I finished my essay about how much I dislike Larry Rinder I would post but the essay took me up to midnight and I preferred to just sleep instead.

One would think that when I sleep in I get more time to be awake, make breakfast and get a good start on the day. Wednesday is actually my worst day for getting to school on time. I always manage to make it on time but I always cut it very very close. Today was the closest.

Had to figure out how to bring my paper to school; bristol isn't really known for bendability. Also my bike is making funny noises from the back tire. Next Wednesday I will bring it in to the free shop for repairs and a checkup.

Got to class all right, all I missed was the teacher telling us to clean the tables. She showed us how to use Gouache and for the next three hours of class Patrick complained about how he used up his entire tube of yellow and about the worthlessness of color wheels. We complained less about the cost of the darkroom overall than he did about the loss of $6 in that one class period. It is art school, a cheap art school, you will be buying supplies. Get over it. We made lots of little color gradient swatches and will be cutting them out and making a color wheel from the best of the bunch. I got through them pretty quickly but I'm not sure how good they are (I'm not familiar with gouache as a medium). At least I have room for error.

Lunchtime was comic club. We just got the fliers up yesterday and we had an amazing turnout. Pretty much doubled even though our Pizza's wee oddly tiny. Craig, Chelsea, Kristin, Jim, Taylor, Karen, Sean, Tabitha, Mel, Cidney, BT, Suki-Rose, and about 6 people I didn't know were there. Very awesome! We talked about plans for the zine (we are re-envisioning it under the unifying theme of "science" and it is no longer called Macho Adventures Battlerama), our plans for comics, ideas for the club, the upcoming new PNCA anthology and whatnot. I'm excited that it is getting off the ground. Sure it is starting late but it is awesome none the less.

Time Arts was mostly a quick critique of our videos. Some of the poetry ones were downright amazing and certainly better than some of the stuff I have been watching at Art Film Night. The animation videos were also very snazy. I felt my video lacked a continual soundtrack and was more random for the different segments. Should have utilized the loops in Garageband more. Oh well. We are moving on to graphic novels in Time Arts now so I'm very "booyah". We are doing a one panel gag comic for homework and I know exactly what I want to do.

Then came yoga. Even after being out of it for two weeks I was still able to do it and I am not as stiff today as I was after the last session. Some of the poses required more balance than I was capable of and I very nearly fell over. Our final challenge was handstands and I managed to get up twice (we were against the wall). I really need art strength. I had no idea yoga required so much of it; really intense bending there.

Skipped open life drawing and peddled home. Kicked back for a bit then went over to Mel's for cake and movie. Watched about an hour of Art School Confidential before remembering to write the essay. The stereotypes are so hardcore in Art School Confidential and thus far I have only met one kiss ass/blowhard. The rest I haven't found.

Finished my essay, four pages of ranting about how Larry Rinder's odd points of view, and crawled into bed. So glad I am not stiff right now.

No comments: