hi

hi

Monday, October 29, 2007

what a lucky and sweet girl

I am so lucky! Lucky lucky lucky! Sean and I, after having all the other people not be able to join us for the special sneak preview movie tonight, we made our way over to Lloyd Center Cinema. We saw a long line stretching about a hundred-fifty long outside the theatre and when we got closer we realized the line was doubled back on itself, pushing it into the 300's. Well it was more 400-600. MASSIVE line with hugely huge amount of people. I figured "hey, it is probably less people than it looks and they probably have a big theatre and are prepared?". Sean went and got us our free popcorn and drink while we were waiting in line and we nibbled. Our place was very much the last spot in line for a long time. About ten people braved the line and stood behind us. I was hopeful and it paid off. A nice wonderful amazing superb fabulous woman came up to us and asked our age and told us that we were instead 20 and gave us two tickets and told us to go to the back of the official line parallel to our line. We were the last people to get the green admittance passes. I felt almost bad walking past the hundreds waiting. Almost. We got into the theatre and in the back row was probably the last two empty seats next to each other remaining. We plopped down and prepared ourselves for the mystery movie, which was...

WALL●E! The new Disney/Pixar movie due out in 2008.

It wasn't complete; the first half hour was mostly finished but the last hour or so was made up mostly of animated story boards and some flat CG. And after watching the movie I am happy to report that Pixar is back! After that worthless film Cars they are back to what made them great and original. The message and the agenda of the movie was neither subliminal or hidden. It was very much "Look at what we are doing to the planet. It will get worse and we will stay the same and will be content to stay the same for hundreds of years as long as we think someone else is taking care of it." The movie followed Wall●E, a little trash compacting robot alone on Earth (which is filled with trash and uninhabited by people as they all left to go out into space and wait for Earth to become livable again) and what happens when a new robot, Eve, lands and finds a plant growing. He follows her back to the space ship and lots of running about happens in regards to the plant. Humans are just fat blobs living out of chairs and eating out of cups all day for their whole lives. They don't make any fat jokes as the whole characterization of humans is one big fat joke. The humor was clean and got some great laughs out of me. They didn't have to fall back on pop culture references that would not have made contextual sense. They also didn't need lame humor to appeal to the brain dead. This is very much a Pixar film in the spirit of Ye Olde Pixar where they gave the intelligence of their audience some credit.

I was hoping it would be Coraline but this was fantastic! I can't wait for it to be finished.

Art History got my dozing, man I don't like it when she drones on from notes. Blimey! I finished my paper for class before midnight last night and we chatted a bit about the vase and she seemed to really like my observations so I feel good about my paper.

Got my final print done for 2D design and spent the rest of class making prints from my older photos. Got two nice ones from my trip to Elandan Gardens and developed one of Joe Zuiche(Zuick? Zuich?) that has some great contrast and character.

Ate lunch in the library (food in a library, so contradictory) and read some more Crooked Little Vein. Ellis isn't the most detailed of writers in a novel form but he sure is whimsical and creative. Also it was really adorable how Gordon shyly asked me how to look things up in the library. I looked around for a second and found a computer with a tag saying "catalog use only" and refreshed it and indicated it to him.

We edited and finished the sound for our video in Time Arts early and Rose seemed to really like it. I like it too. Amanda's idea for the end really made it punch. We did a video of David Mura's A Nisei Picnic: From An Album. We were so awesome and on top of things that we got it all together early so I had time to print my color wheel for Digital Tools and bike home with time to relax between school and the movie.

When I got home there was a little square package waiting for me atop my laptop. It was from the Grandparent's Spencer and I knew right away what it was! Halloween Candy! The tradition that hasn't been broken in years, even if I move away out of state. They are awesome and what was great was the plastic bat-shaped bag filled with candy was cushioned in the box by even more candy! Yaaay! I might not need to go trick-or-treating this year. Wheee! Sugar sugar sugar sugar.

Thank you to all those who have sent me care packages. I love getting them.

No comments: