hi

hi

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

hugs and mambas

The darkroom is really taking it out of me. Got my negatives and the teacher just looked over the contact sheet and said most of them were not that interesting (yay another roll to shoot/develop in a couple days). The ones that were interesting had these spots on them that looked to be caused by the developing process, which doesn't make much sense because it was Pro Photo and I'm not sure if it is the Pro or the Photo part of their name but they should be capable of doing nice prints. I did like some of the contrast on the lavender shots but her whole "not interesting" comment left me with a bad feeling for the whole class period. Maybe I should just take pictures of things I like instead of looking for what she wants. The things she wants should be present in pictures I take that I find interesting, they should be present in any good photo, huh? Probably another week or two in the darkroom left. AHHG.

I missed the morning rain shower (also apparently the shuttle bus didn't come) and the afternoon rains as well. I had a plastic bag to put over my seat so it didn't get wet and in turn make the seat of my pants wet as I rode. Smart thinking. I'll have to ride in the rain eventually. When the day comes, I'll just bring a change of clothes.

I worked through a large portion of lunch in the darkroom. Chatted with Jim during the span of time it took me to eat my egg salad sandwich.

Ran into Michael on my way to Time Arts. He gave me a little sideways hug that really made me feel better (I think he detected I was fairly miserable). Then Mel swooped out of nowhere and poked me with her umbrella, I in return poked her with my cellphone antenna. Michael got out of there before he got poked. Hahaha. Dropped off my stuff and went and got some sweet to make myself feel better.

Time Arts was spent drawing pages for my animation, eating Mamba's (Mambo's?), and watching animation shorts and talking about common traits in video. I am 1/3 of the way done with my animation, I don't know how many other people started drawing theirs. All of ours start with a box and we modify it somehow. Mine; a blond climbs a top it and then the box swings forward (sort of like it is on a hinge and she tipped it) and she pitches off it. Right now I am to the part where the box starts to flip. I love her expression and poofy hair. Hee hee. Shared some of my sweets with Diana and Daniel (I believe that if you have treats you should share, even if it just with the people around you).

Lindsay sent me a text saying she had some banana bread from a coffee shop for lunch but it wasn't at all good. Mine was better. Well. Isn't it always?

As I said, I missed the rains coming back. Pretty brisk bike ride.

In my e-mail was a message from mom nagging me about employment and House. Bah!

Lindsay and I trekked down to Safeway and got some Chinese food for dinner. We scarfed it while watching Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Lindsay thinks it would be a great idea for me to go as Trillian as Darwin from the movie for Halloween. I say, two people would get the joke and they would be Sean and Lindsay. I want to see if I can get my costume to work, if not there are other options.

Never, ever will I choose a teacher just because they have a funny name.

No comments: