hi

hi

Friday, September 21, 2007

they tired to make me go to math class and I said "no, no, no"

Sean lent me volumes two and three of Preacher a few weeks ago and I laid down on the couch and started reading two. Took a little while for the plot to come back to me, been ages since I borrowed the first volume from Collier. Then Brandon came out of Lindsay's room shirtless and I went "eee" and threw the comic over my eyes. I'm glad to be in a comic circuit again, have Promethea and Akira on loan from James. As much as I'd love to spend my weekend reading comics I think I'm going to hit up a local coffee shop and get a cuppa cocoa and read me some Art History instead.

Went to PNCA today to sort out my transfer credits. I got the audit and I transferred 33 credits from Olympic College but only my Math 119 class came through and cancelled one math, there is still some lame "second' math class. There isn't any separation, no "oh this is Algebra and this is Pre-Calc" it is just "math and maybe a little bit harder math". So my options are: take math next semester, or test out of it. I was sort of hoping my Associates would enable me to skip it, but it all came down to credits and Olympic College and its 99 to 107/119 thing with no number in between left me short. So in a few months, I gotta try and remember what Kelso and Robertson taught me.

I was frustrated so I treated myself to an ice-cream cone from a super market. In the Pearl District they have a $5 minimum when it comes to purchases with debit/credit cards so I used up all my change and had just enough. Very tasty.

Dropped my roll of film off at Rite Aid (I finished up the roll earlier today). It was wound tight so they had a lot of trouble getting it set up to feed it into the machine. In the end I lost only one shot from the fumbling with getting the film to open, and it was just a shot of plants so no biggie.

Got my appointment all sorted out and rode off home at what seemed to be a very late 4:30. Lindsay was in the crosswalk when I was stopped at the light on 14th&Jefferson so I pedaled beside her as we went back to our room.

Rest of the day was spent shopping, lounging, and watching Spaced and QI. Really bad of me; hence the whole "stowing away at a coffee shop with nuthin' but my textbooks" plan for tomorrow.

Got two packages from home today. One contained lots of wonderful clothes from Rubie. Always need tees and pants, wearing some right now in fact. Thank you wonderful Rubie. The other had my old photography binder in it. Yay! Now I have my old prints and negatives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you can test out of math. That would be cruel and unusual punishment for you to be subjected to another college math class.:(