hi

hi

Saturday, May 19, 2012

I'm with the band

Wheee! Spent all day in the recording studio with Odd Owl. I was filming them while they recorded. Eight hours, but it didn't feel like that long, all things said.

In the morning, I burned my first bagel, and cut myself cutting my second. Still, it was tasty stuff when smeared with creme cheese. Also had a cuppa tea.

At 1pm, I got the call and put the camera and tripod in my car, and off I went to Daly City! It was trafficy, but not too complex. Didn't even miss an exit. The recording studio was pretty nifty. Lots of equipment and cables and things I kept well away from, lest I mess something up. I got my tripod set up, and filmed bits and pieces of Carmen, Stephen, and Adam (Phil was working and wouldn't be in to record till later) and when they got into the full practices, I got shots of them going through the whole song separately, and from different angles when available. Hope I got enough for them to use, for whatever purpose.

There was an hour break, and Carmen, Adam and I got sushi. I got a tempura plate. Num nums. Phil arrived then, and he got some sushi as well. We chatted about Doctor Who and then it was back to work! Lots of set up, and Stephen and Adam took down the drum kit and other things. At the end of the day, it was just Phil putting his guitar track in.

I think the new track sounds awesome. Can't wait for them to complete it.

I had to park a few blocks over, but it's all good. I now have a key to the house! Yay!

Now we are watching Star Trek, and I'm snacking.

No comments: