hi

hi

Sunday, March 18, 2012

the embedded smoke is getting to me

Tried to upload some photos, but they are too big I suppose.

AH! Today was full of walking. Seven, eight hours on our feet. We had some breaks for food.

Mom woke up at 8am and went to get coffee and brought back an orange juice and apple crawler for me, for when I eventually got up. I showered at 10, consumer my breakfast, did the Internet thing. Then at 11:20ish, we set out for our day on the Strip!

We took the tram over to the Excalibur and descended into the MGM Grand. Or err...well we went under the hotels, and once you go under the hotels, they all connect. We went under the Manderlay and the THE Hotel. Kept walking till we arrived at the Shark Reef Aquarium. First adventure of the day. It was a lovely aquarium. It had very big tanks with tons of sharks and other fish. Even a turtle! There was a jellyfish tank, and a horseshoe crab touch tank. It was fun.

After that, we wandered through the underground network. The allowed cigarette smoke got to me, and I feel a bit ill right now from it. I'm just not used to it. Don't know any smokers. Mom and I got some of that frozen yogurt, the self serve kind where you put your own toppings on. I went for candy, nuts, candy, cheesecake bits, and more candy. Mom went for fruit (she also had a greater variety of the yogurt). Yummy snack!

From there, we worked our way back through the MGM Grand, and exited on to the strip. Daylight! It was windy, but generally nice. We got dad a Las Vegas Hard Rock pin. It isn't a Gibson pin, but mom says he needs some variety in his collection. We'll let dad decide if he does, I suppose. We wandered around the Bellagio for half an hour. It had the nicest hotel interior of the ones we went into. New York, New York once you enter it, is just dingey and lame and just...uhg. Bellagio is nice all around, and has some pretty exhibits. We waited outside to see the half hourly fountain show, and it was nice. It was set to the tune of This Song by Elton John. From there, we walked past Caesar's Palace. My anxiety levels were pretty good. As in, I wasn't that anxious at all. There were crowds, but all was well. We ended up not going to see a show. We were pretty tired, and it seemed like shows were selling out. We ate a late lunch at McDonald's. Good old comfort fast food. The plan at the time was to hang out in the Flamingo courtyard, then go to Treasure Island and see the Siren's Show, then go back to the hotel. The courtyard was neat, and the flamingo's sure were pink. And there were some other lovely birds. I hoped the hotel would have a cool flamingo shirt design, but they didn't.

Just in time, we got to the Siren's Song stage at Treasure Island. Or so we thought we were just in time...turns out we were two hours early! The guide to Las Vegas said that there would be a 5:30 show, but that was a misprinted lie. We decided to return to our hotel. That meant going to the monorail, which required backtracking and going through Harrah's. There was a nice Londoner in the station that we chatted with a bit. I took her picture for her. The monorail dropped us off at the MGM Grand, so we walked through that AGAIN, and walked to and through New York, New York, and the Excalibur, and an hour and twenty minutes worth of travel from Treasure Island later, we got back to our hotel room.

Oh so very tired and tuckered out. Once we started sitting and laying in bed, it was clear we were done for the day. I watched Walking Dead and proclaimed loudly when Michonne was introduced. LOVE HER! And she came out of nowhere, which was awesome.

Now we are tucking in to bed. We have to check out by 11 tomorrow. I want to see what the Luxor gift shop has to offer. Need to get me a sticker and maybe a shirt, if they have a good design. Then we check out, go to the airport, pick up our rental car, and out we go to see some nature. Awww yeah, nature baby! I love it.

No comments: