hi

hi

Friday, September 9, 2011

sixty years!

Dad's 60th birthday! That is a mighty big landmark, considering how many animals he has been attacked by and how often he works with power tools.

Got up before 11, all though that wasn't my gift to him. My gift is still in the mail.

Made my own breakfast. Then I sat on the lawn and read for a bit. Trying so hard to get some sun, though it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Though, I do have some tan lines. So I must be a couple shades darker. And my legs are not deathly pale either. I guess I am getting some sun, I just need to keep at it.

I later on called Madeline and we talked for almost two hours, probably my longest phone call on record. It was nice to catch up with her on all things nerdy and literary and televisiony. She really needs to come up and visit me. That would be awesome.

The call ended and dinner was served. Scallops! Mmm! On pasta. With some dip and vegetables and cake with lemon dressing. It was all very delicious. Dad opened the rest of his presents. Once summer is over, we won't be able to eat dinner outside anymore. Rain and cold. Boo.

Ma and Pa watched Burlesque. I watched my other stuff. Tomorrow I shall work on art! And sunbathe a bit more. Gotta get on the sun while the sun is good.

Todays Portrait Is: Robert Downey Jr.

No comments: