hi

hi

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

screenprint season begins

Getting to an entry at a reasonable time. Whoo!

Monotype introduced a "rainbow roll" which is when you roll up several colors on one roller. That way you can get a nifty gradient on your plate. Whee! For the first half of class, Phil and I collaborated. We did two images with his backgrounds and my stencils. First one we tried to put the ink over the stencil and that proved most difficult. Mainly because Phil didn't quite figure that it would be best to put the stencils LAST. But it was an experiment. It had a different look than regular cutouts. Still neat, but not perfect. Then we did one of Ahab going after the whale. A combination rainbow roll + stencil + multiple layers. It was okay.

Then we went our separate ways. I did another stencil image. Just this one girl on a rainbow roll. The paper was bumped on the plate so I got a double line. Not perfect. Bah. Oh well. Cutting out the stencils takes so long.

Got my schedule. I am in all the classes I signed up for. Go me. confirmed for intermediate silkscreen: Diana & Patsy.

After class I hung around in the studio and kept Cherish company while she printed. I also bought another screen because I realized there was no way I could do the print final AND illustration piece with one good high mesh count screen and one low count mesh screen. And since I am taking intermediate silkscreen, it is probably for the best that I have another one. Yay for new clean never used screen! Cherish's screen is so used.

Went home. Ate an apple. Ate some pasta. Wow, where did the last four hours go?

Anyway, I think I will do the silkscreen for print using the reductive method. I can get started on it tomorrow and hopefully print the first color. Just need to get paper.

Also need to think of Christmas presents for the people back home. What would you guys like? Art? Okay, art it is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Art.We have plenty of room for your work.

JS