hi

hi

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

bad poems

Ahk, how did it get to be 1:36am? Well, I don't have to actually roll out of bed till 10, but still. Day after that I get up at 7. Bah.

Okay.

Narrative Image critique: check. It went well, just minor suggestions. Danny brought in a piece with some hot dogs that made us all hungry. It's interesting to know the mediums one goes to when forced to work on short notice. I've done a lot of ink and watercolor, no digital yet because digital printing is such a fuss.

Before lunch, the people who hadn't read their flash fiction read theirs. Then it was food time! And food on days when I didn't pack a lunch beans: Burrito! Chipotle! A meal that lasts me all day.

Talked with Robyn and Rachel and then did the things that needed printing out. Unfortunately I forgot that we needed a poem for when we got back to class. A poem we liked. I would have done with one about rain, but oh well. I've done all my work so one little poem flub ain't no thing. We spent an hour struggling to write poetry and then we did some weird writing exercise using found text. That is, creating poetry using terms and words we find in other sources. My favorite was:

When will I die?
When will the world end?
When does New Moon come out?

I came up with it by entering "When..." into Google and forming a narrative based on the automatic fill in that Google does.

Then class got out and I read an article in Esquire about this hippie commune/video production team. They made this video:

Then I took a nap. Then it was time for yoga! Only three people in it today. Did a lot of warming exercises.

Nick, Katie's friend, had made dinner. Yay! Chicken and pasta and sauce! And I got some because they used my pasta and my sauce. Fair trade I say.

In the mail, we got a large mysterious cardboard flat package. The gold spray paint and fancy lettering could only indicate one sender: Karen Berger. We opened it to find a Hammerpress 2010 Calendar! Probably printing by our beloved sassy lady in the KC. Oh my god so AWESOME! We can't wait to put it up. It is soooo cool. It has a great design and a lovely little month tear sheet.

House was good. Exciting character developments. Then I put in Showgirls to inspire me to start my printing final. I have her face all drawn out. Now I'm not sure how I will progress. I'll screenprint it sure, but I might change how I do the layers. Thankfully I'm printing such a small area. Only 8"x8" on a 8"x10" piece of paper.

Finals time is here. Project list:
-extend a previous Narrative Image assignment
-monotype something (I don't know what our final quite is, or if we even have one)
-write a paper for History of Laughter most likely
-print piece for the class portfolio in History of Print
-finish current illustration piece + final illustration assignment
and somewhere in all that, I'll have to document it all. Not actually so bad in terms of finals. Last spring semester was hardcore.

No comments: