hi

hi

Friday, March 27, 2009

step off my 'turf yo!

My alarm went off at 7:50am. I slept in till about 8:40 and bounded out of bed to shower and pack snacks. I got to the printing labs at 9:30. Karen and I were going to silkscreen together but she was a noshow (other work had to be done). With a better squeegee and a new mix of ink, I actually got some decent pulls! And some, uhh, not so decent ones. It is about 50/50 right now. But I won't judge till I finish it up. I'll probably have a lot of singular looking ones that are still neat on their own.

I was mostly by myself for the whole day, mostly. The print aid, whose name I can never figure out, was there and mixed up massive batches of transparency base and process and opaque inks. Nice and fresh! And clumpy. My ink had little white splotches in but they didn't effect the printing too much. I managed to get two colors of 20 prints each done! I'm half way done! In one long day's worth of work. 9:30-5. But with breaks for food and waiting for things to dry. I reread almost the first two volumes of Scott Pilgrim while waiting for things to dry. It is nice when it is vacant because you can really spread out. So yeah, 20 prints. 10 on white and 10 on creme. I think I like the creme better. They are 11x17, 15x22 with the border. Very sizeable. I'm not looking forward to trying to print when there are classmates. I might try to whip out another color tomorrow. Ain't no thang to show up to class and be all "Yeah, I only have one layer and a week to do it. BOOYAH." I don't want to gossip but the majority of the screens of my classmates look untouched.

Rainbow was in the studio for a bit. She had free AstroTurf to hand out. I totally got a little bit of it! It sits proudly as a mat on my balcony right now. It is awesome. I'm so classy.

I reread the first four volumes of Scott Pilgrim today. Now Gabe is reading them. Watched Royal Tenenbaums as well. Good but sad.

SO MUCH PRINTING!!

No comments: