hi

hi

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

David Delivered...possibly

David Sedaris is doing a mini-tour right now with free readings. He is in Seattle the 25th I think. His fall tour is mainly ticketed events. There is one in Tacoma on October 30th, and one in Portland on Halloween. I got a ticket as soon as I saw that they were available. I'll see him! For real this time!

After the tickets I went over to visit my friend Chris. We went to see The Incredible Hulk. It was okay. Good action, good music, good Edward Norton, whimpery Liv Tyler, mixed accent Tim Roth, and yet another Stan Lee cameo. It was a set up for the Avengers movie. The visuals were good but would be just as awesome on TV as in the theatre.

I showed him my photos from Amsterdam and Brussels, we watched American Gladiators, Futurama, Daily Show, Colbert Report, and an assortment of other things. We joked about what we watched, talked about school, and just had a good time hanging out. We both have changed a great deal since our friendship first began about six years ago but fundamentally we are the sort of the same. It's nice to have long lasting friendships. The day went by too quick though.

No comments: