hi

hi

Sunday, February 23, 2014

prepare to die, obviously

Friday:

Solo task day! No printing. I just weeded tons of text for an upcoming Nikki McClure exhibit at the MAH. The vinyl text that goes on the wall, not anything to do with her art. One of the institutions that helped put together the show was PNCA! That took me back, weeding out those old familiar words. I also cut vinyl and stickers and stuff. Listened to podcasts, which was nice.

Went home, had some food. Relaxed.

Later in the evening, I went downtown and met up with Ryan and Anita and Daniel at Rosie McGann's. Anita is leaving her job, and so it was a bit of a goodbye celebration. I didn't know most of the people, but the company was good. Oh, and Crystal was there! Ryan, Crystal, and I got tickets for the midnight showing of Scott Pilgrim vs The World at the Del Mar (everyone else had other plans). We wandered around till it was time to get seated. Such a fun movie! So imaginative and great. I think I've seen it more times in theaters than I have on DVD. I listened to an Edgar Wright interview today and he talked about watching Midnight movies, and now one of his films is one of them, and how that was great. It was a really charming podcast overall. I can't wait for Ant-Man (his next movie).

I dropped Ryan and Crystal off at the Tannery and UCSC respectively. I give lots of little lifts, mainly because Santa Cruz has horrible public transit that stops really early. I'd rather people have fun and I go a little out of my way, than have people leave early due to catching a bus.

Saturday:

Got up for the quarterly yard clean up! I was assigned back patio clean up, wood hauling, pinecone pick up, and sweeping at the end of the clean up. I got the back patio looking nice, and hauled a lot of branches back and forth. Justin cut out a lot of dead wood, so that was good. It was a very intensive clearing, and lots of trees were trimmed back. Now we have a big pile of wood that needs to get ... mulched somehow. Jeff treated us to pizza after, so that was great! It was tasty too, heavy on the garlic.

Then I took a nap.

6ish I swung by the Tannery and picked up Ryan and we went to Daniel and Anita's for another shindig. There was chili and fizzy water and cornbread and chips and cookies. There was also beer, but I was driving so I skipped that. There were... 12 people in total at the shindig but I've forgotten their names. We played card games and laughed and ate more chips. Sorry, not being very descriptive. D & A live down near Natural Bridges, and during the day you can see the ocean from their balcony. Really nice place. I got a slice of cake in good tupperware, so of course I'll be back.

Now I'm sleepy and want full on sleep.

No comments: