hi

hi

Monday, February 13, 2012

reminiscent of days gone by, hopeful for the ones to come


Mom bought me doughnuts! Good mom! She was running errands all over town today. Dentist, doctor, getting Holly washed. I watched my telly and ate doughnuts. Holly came back all nice and clean and good smelling. I gave her many cuddles. Then we took her for a walk and she got muddy, and when she started to roll in some leaves in mud we both went, "HOLLY NO!". But she didn't get that dirty, and she cleaned herself up.

I downloaded the free image editing software GIMP, and that combined with finally figuring out how to light my pieces (HURRAY!) and some helpful advice from my friend Petra, I am successfully documenting my artwork! That is until I realize that it isn't a good enough format for print...but I think it should be fine. I'm not resizing them to be that small. They just need to look good on the screen, which they do! I've gone through three of my eight (!!!!!!!!) portfolios of various artwork made whilst at PNCA, and documented what I think need documenting of those three. It is going good. I've just edited about four pieces and put them on my website (under illustration). Tomorrow I'll edit the 16 or so pieces that need color correction, and document a lot more. Finally on the ball. Got over that hump! Whoo! Go me.

Going through these old portfolios, which contain work from 2008 and 2009, I can really see how much I've grown in technique, confidence, style, and just all around...artistry. It is heartening to see how much one grows, especially knowing how much further one can grow. I need to organize these properly for storage. I want to take some prints with me, as gifts for those who house me in the Bay Area, but some things can be filed safely away for a decade or two.

No comments: