hi

hi

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

goodbye goose hollow

Whooey I had two long days full of packing and errands and stuff. Lets get started.

Monday

Got a haircut! My ends were looking ragged so I got a trim and more layers and blunter bangs. Looks good.

This guy, Kevin nicknamed Gritty for reasons I don't know, asked me out at the end of the year party (he is a friend of a friend) and I sort of forgot about calling him because I got so absorbed with moving and all that. So I called him and said that I'm leaving soon but if he wanted to hang out tonight, that would be cool. And just my luck, he had an extra ticket to see Ariel Pink at Doug Fir tonight! So we would meet for dinner and go to the show and all that. Hurray!

So I did another trip to the storage unit. More stuff in there. Borrowed the vacuum cleaner from the RA and used that. Gave her my Ikea shelf as well, which will be good for storage. She also has claim to my mirror and stand. The time went by really fast, and before I knew it I was ready for dinner.

Gritty/Kevin and I walked to Thai Chili Jam for dinner. I had the larb, he had massuman curry. Both were quite good. It was a nice meal with good chat. We drove over to the other side for the show. Doug Fir is this bar/venue that has Jupiter Hotel attached. It is decorated like a log cabin and has lots of antler motifs. We had a drink and sat outside waiting for his friends Kellan and Paris to show up and join us. They were super cool and into weird facts about pigs. It was a really fun night. We went down right as the first opening act started. They looked like Mormon siblings, the first band I mean. The second band was a little more hip. When Ariel Pink started setting up, we made our way to the front. Actually, we were right at the stage so that was cool. It didn't get too hot with the crowd also. I don't know how to describe the music, but it was an entertaining show. I'm down for new experiences, probably not everyone would be. The lead crowd surfed and I helped. There was one moment when this tall angry girl put another girl in a sort of choke hold, so we helped pry her off. Yikes. But aside from that, yeah! Great evening. I've had a lot of fun in Portland.

Even though I stay up late on regular basis, I was exhausted and just crawled into bed and fell asleep.

Tuesday

Woke up early and got to work. Showered. Put the stuff I needed to take home into the bags and looked at all the other stuff that needed to go to the unit. Rigged up my drawing board and two bags and backpack. Put the in the locker. We to get some July birthday gifts for the girls in the family. Went to Trader Joe's. Had lunch. Did another trip. It is hard travelling with heavy bags. Really got worn down. Got back. Contacted the RA. Gave her my keys. Packed up.

Said goodbye to the apartment. And left.

Got to the train station at the perfect time. I'm taking my bike home with me. It is so pretty. Cidney was on the same train, but I took the chance to nap. Mmm.

Dad picked me up in the truck. Even at nine, the sun was still out.

I picked up this really cool shampoo in bar form at Lush. Kind of got it for myself, but dad gave it a whirl. If he digs it, I'll have to pick him up his own.

Sooo tired. My legs hurt.

No comments: